Chapter 31

*Isabella's POV*

Before I had time to react, Harry launched across the room and pinned Niall against the wall, their faces centimetres apart. I quickly rushed over to the pair and grabbed Harry's shoulders, tugging at them to try and pull him off the shocked Niall but at quickly as I touched Harry he had pushed me away again. 

"How did you know her?" Harry seethed, shoving Niall further against the wall. 

"It's a l-long story" Niall stuttered, trying to wiggle out of Harry’s firm grasp on his hoodie.

"TELL ME!" Harry bellowed.

"W-we used to go out, well I say go out it was more of a fling. We met at this club 3 years ago and we hooked up and since then we had been meeting up and stuff. She said she was seeing someone but that she was going to break up with him so we could be together" he rambled.

"When was the last time you saw her?" Harry asked, his voice considerably softer and breaking slightly in the middle, suggesting that he was trying to hold back tears.

"3rd of May 2011. I had spoken to her that morning and she said that she was gonna come over and stay the night. I never saw her though, she died in a car accident on the way over" Niall mumbled, looking down at his feet in an attempt to prevent the tears that were threatening to spill from his eyes.

"I know" Harry said.

"You know?"

"I'm the boyfriend who she was going to leave for you" Harry said. Niall's eyes widened and he began to shake uncontrollably.

"I-I'm so sorry mate I didn't realise it was you. I never meant to hurt you in any way but it just sort of happened and..." Harry interrupted him.

"Get out" Harry mumbled.

"But I..."

"GET OUT!" Harry yelled, shoving Niall towards the door. Niall quickly obliged, stumbling towards the door and disappearing around the corner without another word. Harry was breathing deeply, his hands balled into fists at his side and head bowed. I let the silence linger for a few moments before speaking. But as soon as I opened my mouth Harry spoke.

"She lied to me, she lied to me for a year. A whole fucking year" Harry said, running his hands through his hair and spinning to face me and in comparison to looking upset, as I had assumed, he looked severely pissed.

"SHE LIED TO ME!" He yelled and I involuntarily took a step back.

"That night she said she was going to stay at a friend’s house and I assumed it was the truth because she had been staying at her 'friends' a lot, like literally 3 times a week. Little did I know she was going to going to spend time with her little Irish fuck buddy while I sat at home like some twat thinking about how much I loved her and how lucky I was to have someone love me as much as I loved them. God I'm such an IDIOT!" He said, lashing out at the wall with his fist.

"Harry you need to calm down" I said gently, taking a step towards him and reaching my hand out to place it on his shoulder in what I hoped was a soothing gesture. But once again as soon as I touched him he spun around and grabbed my wrist in a death hold.

"Don't tell me to calm the fuck down Isabella. You have no fucking right to tell me to calm down! I have just found out that the girl I had been dating for 2 and a half year had been cheating on me for nearly half that time. Did you know I was going to ask her to marry me the week after she died? I had the fucking ring in my bedside table Izzy. Do you have any idea what it is like to have your heart ripped out of your chest and stepped on by the person you cared about most?" he asked. I wasn't sure whether he had noticed or not but with each word he spoke his grip around my wrist became tighter and tighter, cutting off the blood circulation to my hand.

"You're hurting me" I whimpered, trying to free myself from his grasp.

"Good" he spat, throwing my arm from his grasp and taking a step back. I cradled it against my chest, examining it as bruising began to form where his hand had been.

"I need to go" Harry said, stuffing his hands in his pockets and heading towards to door.

"No Harry wait, just stay and we can talk about it" I suggested.

"I don't WANT to talk about it Isabella. To be honest I don't even want to look at you right now," he spun around to face me one final time, "for all I know you could be a little slut just like her" he seethed, glaring at me with his forest green eyes that seemed to be slightly darker than they were when he had arrived no more than an hour ago. And just like that he was gone, without so much as a second glance.

***********************************************

Sorry for the delay everyone but I have had a dissertation to write for history and it literally took over my life but I am back now!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Thanks for all the support!

Loads of love

-Steph xx <3