Chapter 8

Isabella's POV * 

"So basically what you are saying is that you are going on a date with some creepy guy who has been coming to your work and staring at you for three days?" Rebecca asked a hint of disbelief evident in her voice. 

"Basically, and it's not a date!" I huffed having explained the situation to her more than three times already, "But he seemed really nice and I felt bad for snapping at him."

"Feeling bad for him does not mean you should go on a date with him!" she nearly yelled. 

"Ok listen, if you are just going to give me a lecture about this I would rather not talk about it" I said, getting fed up with her attitude. 

"I'm sorry alright, I'm just worried that this guy might turn out to be some weirdo and not the nice person he came across as, I just don't want anything to happen to you" she sighed and I immediately felt lucky to have a friend who cares so much for my wellbeing. 

"It's fine, thank you for caring. I'm nervous too you know, I have watched too many episodes of Catfish to know that this only ends badly but I feel like I should at least give him a shot, everybody deserves a chance right?"

"Yeah, I guess" she sighed again. 

"Hey listen, I need to go but I will talk to you later OK?" I asked. 

"Yeah OK just... be careful..." she said before giving me a brief goodbye and hanging up. 

I could tell from the way she sounded through the phone that she still wasn't happy with this and I completely understood why, if our positions had been reversed I would have been felling exactly the same way. I sighed and flopped back down on my double bed, my head landing in between the beautifully plump pillows. I closed my eyes and snuggled further down into my comforter. My bed truly was the best place on the Earth.

I lulled my head to the side slightly and stared out of my bedroom window. The sun could just be seen peeking through the dark rain clouds. Thankfully the heavens hadn't opened yet but I could tell it was imminent. I could see the rooftop of the building on the opposite side of the street. On a clear day I could see Mr. White working in his rooftop garden, planting seeds and pulling out weeds with a disgusted look on his face.

As I watched the clouds roll across the sky I remembered that I still needed to text Harry so that he had my number and we could arrange things for Saturday. Despite the seemingly innocent gesture I was still surprisingly nervous. After all, I very rarely texted boys, I think the only male contacts in my phone were my Dad's and my cousin.

I reached over and grabbed my phone off the bedside table. The device felt cold in my hand and my eyes hurt when the brightness of the screen shone out in my dimly lit room. I tapped in my passcode and opened up my messages.   

I created a blank message and scrolled through my contacts to add Harry's name to the address list. I breathed in and began to write my message:

Hi Harry, It's Izzy, You know from the Coffee shop? Anyway you said to text you my number so that we could arrange things for Saturday. So yeah, here it is. 

I read it over to check for any spelling mistakes and inwardly cringed at my awkwardness. I sighed and pressed send before tossing my phone back into the covers of my bed. I sat up and decided that I would have a shower to rid myself of the days stress before heading to bed. I always preferred having a shower in the evening instead of in the morning as it meant that I could have an extra 30 minutes lie in, which was greatly appreciated.

I rolled off the bed and grabbed some clean pyjamas and underwear and made my way to the bathroom attached to my bedroom. As I placed my hand on the door handle my phone made a beeping noise to alert me that I had received a text.

I plopped my clean clothes on the desk and made my way back to my bed and my phone. I grabbed the device and looked at the screen to see that Harry had text me back. I bit my lip nervously and unlocked my phone, opening the new message:

Hey Izzy I'm glad you text me, I was beginning to think you had blown me off! Anyway I was wondering if there is a specific time you are free on Saturday, I'm free all day so it is really up to you. Just let me know xx

Again with those two damn kisses. I decided to ignore it and typed my reply.

I'm free all day as well so depending on what you wanted to do it is really up to you

Should I put a kiss at the end? I defiantly wouldn't put two kisses; I'm not ready for that. Two kisses are reserved for family and close friends, defiantly not strangers you meet at work three days prior, although Harry didn't seem to follow this rule. I decided to leave it and sent the message as it already was. It took less than a minute for harry to reply.

Ok well I have something in mind so shall I pick you up around 1.30pm at your place? Unless you feel uncomfortable with that then I can meet you somewhere else, your call xx

 I considered it for a minute. Did I really want him knowing where I live? If he did turn out to be some creepy stalker that could come back to bite me in the arse, but I decided to go with it.

No it's fine you can come pick me up at my place if you don't mind the trouble? I will text you my address nearer the time

Ok perfect! So what are you up to? xx

And so the conversation continued for hours on end, ridiculous text messages being sent back and forth between the two of us. Some funny and some deadly serious. This went on for so long in fact that before I knew it was 00.30am.

I'm gonna go to bed, I'm really tired and I have work in the morning. I'll speak to you tomorrow. 

Ok, I'll see if I can stop by the Cafe tomorrow xx

Ok, goodnight Harry

Goodnight Izzy xx

I quickly switched on my phone alarm and plugged it in to charge over night. I flopped back in my bed and got underneath the covers, having gotten into my pyjama shorts and vest top during my conversation with Harry. We had talked about anything and everything from our favourite foods to Harry's grandmother who had died recently.

Despite this however Harry seemed to be very reserved about himself. He often dodged questions about his past and instead changed the topic of conversation back to me and my life. It had become very frustrating but I didn't say anything, besides I didn't know him that well (at all actually) and it wasn't my place to push him for answers about his personal life.

As I lay in bed and thought through our entire conversation I realised that I hadn't had a shower because I had been too caught up texting Harry. I sighed, realising I would have to get up half an hour earlier. As I rolled over and began to drift in to a beautiful and much needed sleep my phone flashed a blinding light in my face.

"The fuck?" I mumbled and reached over to grab it, taking no notice of the home screen as I tried to get my eyes to adjust to the blinding brightness. I’m pretty sure my corneas had been burnt to a crisp! I typed in my password and immediately my messages opened with 1 unread message showing next to Harry's name.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tapped on his name, reading over his new message:

I can't sleep, can we talk some more? xx

I groaned and buried my head back in the pillows.

Damn it Harry!