Chapter 37

*Harry's POV*

"Who is she?" she asked. I watched Izzy walk down the hallway with Liam, his hand resting on her back, slightly too low for my liking but now wasn't the time to think about these things. 

"She is none of your concern" I hissed, turning to face the women who gave birth to me but there was no part of me that felt any type of emotion towards the woman in front of me, well no feeling other than complete hatred and although I would never admit it, slight fear. 

"Well if she if dating my son then I think it is my concern" she persisted.

"You lost the right to call me your son the day you walked out on me" I spat, my hands clenching into fits once more. I stuffed them into my pockets. Although I would never lay a hand on a woman, it was difficult to fight the urge to hurt the person in front of me. I clenched my jaw and shifted the weight between my feet.

"Harry I don't know what you want me to say-" she started but I cut her off.

"How about I'm sorry? Or please forgive me? Or perhaps you could start by explaining why you didn't believe me, your 7 year old son, when I came to you and said that your HUSBAND was beating me at every chance he got! Whenever you turned you back he would hit me! I even showed you the bruises and you said I was hurting myself to try and set him up! I mean are you fucking kidding me?! I was 7!" I exclaimed! I could feel the heat rising in my face, it often happened when I was angry, my face would get red and flustered when I shouted, it was very unattractive but on the positive side it let people, mainly Liam, known when to just walk away before I blew up.

"Harry what did you want me to do? I loved the guy and I was more likely to believe him than a foolish 7 year old boy who didn't know what he was talking about" she said, flailing her hands around as she tried to get her point across.

"And you don't love me?! I'm the one you gave BIRTH TO!" I yelled.

"HARRY YOU WERE A HORRIBLE CHILD! YOU NEVER LISTENED YOU WERE ALWAYS TELLING LIES AND PRETENDING THAT YOU WERE THINGS YOU WEREN'T-"

"BECAUSE PRETENDING TO BE THINGS I WASN'T WAS THE ONLY WAY I FELT WANTED. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I PRETENDED?" I asked.

"WHAT?" she yelled.

"I pretended that I had a family who cared about me. I pretended that I had a dad who didn't walk out on us and that I had a mum that trusted me when I said that I was being abused rather than pushing me aside to go out with her new husband. You never listened to me, I just wanted you to listen" I whispered. My eyes began to sting, liquid rising in the corners and threatening to spill down by cheeks but I pushed them away, I refused to cry in front of her. She didn't deserve my tears.

"Do you know what hurt most?" I asked, almost laughing at myself, "what hurt most was when you left, not only the fact that you abandoned me when I was 15, but the fact that you didn't even look back when you did. You left with him and didn't so much as say goodbye" I said.

"Harry I don't know what you want me to do. You had that girl, what was her name... Avril-" she started.

"Ava" I interrupted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Right Ava! The moment you met her we never saw you! You went out with her every night, or up in your room talking to her on the phone until all hours. You never spoke to me, I figured you wouldn't need me and that you wouldn't care if I left" she said, wringing her hands together. I sighed deeply and watched as she ran a hand through her long dark, almost black her, a habit we both shared when we were nervous or stressed

“I WAS 15!” I yelled, she sniffed and looked at her feet.

"Why did you leave?"

"Josh promised that we could start again, move out of Cheshire and start our own life, without the hassle of children and responsibilities" she said, sighing deeply. I laughed.

"Where is he?" I asked, although the tone of my voice made it obvious I couldn't care less.

"I left him, about 5 hours ago actually, that is why I'm here" she said, looking at her feet nervously. "Is there any way that I could stay here, just for a few days until I find my own place?" she asked looking at me hopefully. I almost laughed in her face.

"I don't think so" I said and she didn't even argue, instead she sighed and nodded her head slightly, looking at her feet again.

"So Ava, how is she?" She asked and I wanted to scream at her.

"She died in a car accident 2 and a half years ago" I said, but where there would normally be pain and heartbreak, there was nothing. Nothing. And that made me feel, amazing actually. The pain that I had been living with for the past few years appeared to disappear so quickly, almost as quickly as my feelings for Izzy developed.

"Oh honey I am so sorry" she said, lifting her hand to reach out to me but the look on my face made her quickly drop it back at her side, blushing sheepishly.

"Don't be, she was cheating on me anyway. And I have Isabella now so I don't need your pity" I said, my voice remaining in a monotone. I was quickly growing tired of this conversation. I ran my hands through my hair and let out a deep breath.

"I wasn't pitying-" she started but once again I cut her off.

"Look if you have said everything you want to say I would appreciate it if you left" I said, nodding my head in the direction of the door. She sighed and nodded her head, starting to walk towards the door. I followed on her heels but stopped abruptly when she turned to face me once more.

"Would you like to talk tomorrow? We could maybe meet at this little coffee shop I saw down the street? I would really like to catch up with you" she said. She was talking about Izzy's cafe and the thought of having Izzy there to support me and stop me from saying something I might regret was defiantly appealing. I sighed.

"I don't know. It won't be easy for me to forgive you" I said, and she nodded.

"No I know, trust me I know but we could try. Here, I will give you my number..." she said, pulling a pen and a little book out of her bag, scribbling a load of numbers on a clean page before tearing it off and handing it to me. I took it hesitantly and stuffed it in my pocket.

"I'll see you later Harry?" she said but it sounded more like a question. I didn't reply as she walked out the door and shut it behind her. I let out a breath I didn't realise I had been holding and rested my forehead against the cold wood.

Izzy. I thought. I need Izzy.   

*******************

Awww poor Harry!

Please remember to vote and comment what you think! 

Thanks for all the support!

All the love

-Steph xx <3