Chapter 6

*Isabella's POV*

As I pressed the button for the elevator my phone began to ring in my handbag. I quickly unzipped the bag and rummaged around, trying to feel for the small device and cease the sound. Once my hands landed on the device I pulled it out and checked the caller ID. It was Rebecca, my best friend from high school and my shoulder to cry on when I needed it.

I pressed the accept button and held the phone to my ear before saying hello.

"Hey Izzy! I feel like I haven't spoken to you in ages even though I saw you at the weekend!" she laughed at herself before continuing, "Anyway I was just calling to ask you if you were working today?"

"Yeah I am, I'm actually just heading there now. Why?" I asked as I threw Louis a wave while making my way through the lobby of the apartment building. He returned it gratefully before getting back to work. I pushed open the doors of the building and slot my way into the busy stream of London pedestrians.

"Oh good because the girls and I were wondering if we could stop by and have a chat with you while you were on your break and have a cup of coffee?"  She asked and I couldn't help the little pang of joy which hit me. I loved the girls, they were amazing and funny and perhaps they could help my with the note the curly boy had left me. They usually know what to do in these kinds of situations.

"Of course, it would be amazing to see you! What time will you be over?" I asked before apologising to the person I had bumped in to. The cafe loomed at the bottom of the street and I considered running into Hyde Park to hide when I saw the head full of curly hair sitting in the window, but I decided against it. Besides, I needed the money.  

"We were thinking around 11.30, Lily has an early class at Uni but she should be out by 10. But I need to run; mum wants me to take my sister to her nursery class. I'll see you later Izzy!" she said before hanging up and I made my way into the Cafe. I ignored the boy in the corner despite feeling his eyes burning into my back. I took off my bag and jacket, putting them in the back room before trying my apron around my waist and making my way back to the front shop. As it was already 9am I decided to face the day head on until my friends arrived.

"Morning Olivia" I said as I started to dry some of the coffee mugs which were still wet from their earlier clean.

"Hello Isabella, how are you?" she asked. I was slightly taken aback by her sudden interest in how I was but I got over it quickly, she was probably just making conversation.

"I'm good thanks, how are you?" I asked in an attempt to be polite.

"Good. You know that boy over there keeps staring at you?" She says quite seriously. I don't have to turn around to know who she is talking about but I did anyway. As soon as I caught his eye he looked away again and back out the window.  

I sighed and turned back around. He was really starting to annoy me and I was seriously considering going over and giving him a piece of my mind. But I decided against it for two main reasons:

1. The Cafe was packed and I really wasn't in the mood the create a scene

2. There is no way in hell I would actually have the guts to go over and tell him what I thought

So instead of making a complete fool out of myself which was inevitable, I decided to ignore him and continue on with my work. I finished cleaning the coffee cups before grabbing my notepad and pen and headed to serve some customers. I took the orders of table 3 and 12 and headed to the kitchen to tell Rob the orders and being the kind, respecting employee I am, I simply opened the door to the kitchen and yelled the orders inside.