Chapter 38

*10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter*

*Harry's POV*

"Wait wait wait wait wait" Liam rambles, waving his hands around as he sits up straighter on his bed, his back resting against the headboard. I sighed and told him once again.

"She wants to meet me at Izzy's cafe tomorrow so we can 'kiss and make up' because she realised what a bitch she is and is feeling guilty" I said, huffing and leaning back against the footboard at the end of Liam's bed. I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, resting my head on top of my knees as I watched to see Liam's reaction. He furrowed his thick eyebrows and looked to the side, clearly lost in thought.

"Well Izzy would be there, it isn't like you would be alone. You would have some form of emotional support in case anything did go wrong" he says, turning back to face me and shrugging his shoulders, letting out a deep sigh as he does so.

"Yeah I know that, and God knows if Izzy wasn't there I wouldn't even be considering it, but the problem is my mother will still be there" I huffed.

"I don't know Harry maybe she has changed. I mean she wouldn't have shown up here for no reason. She obviously feels guilty about what happened" he said. I can't believe this. He is defending the woman who didn't believe me when I told her I was being abused by her husband.

"Oh so you're defending her now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the older boy.

"No! I'm not defending her Harry I'm just saying-" he started.

"Well don't just say Liam! If you aren't going to help me then I don't know why I'm here!" I said, gesturing to his room.

"Harry I want to help you," he said, his voice was calm in an effort to ease some of the tension between us, "but I don't know what you want me to say. It isn't every day that you get thrown into these types of situations and I don't know what you want me to do" he sighed, looking at me with a sympathetic smile on his face. I sighed softly and looked down at my sock covered feet. 

"I know Liam, I'm sorry it's just... I have been without a mother for near enough 6 years now and I have been doing just fine. And with everything starting to work out with Izzy I don't want her to come back into my life and screw everything up again. I refuse to lose Izzy because she doesn't want to see me happy" I say. 

"Harry I don't know much but I know for damn sure that Izzy will not be deterred because of your mother" he said and deep down, I knew he was right. If Izzy could put up with all the shit I put her through to begin with then I am certain she will be fine with this. 

"Yeah, you're right" I said, nodding my head and looking up at him. He smiled knowingly, he knew he was right. 

"Why don't you call her, let her know what happened between you and your mum and we can take it from there" he suggested. I looked at the clock on his bedside table and shook my head. 

"No I can't now, it’s almost 1 in the morning, she will be asleep and I don't want to wake her" I said. 

"Harry if you don't call her now it will be too late in the morning" he said and I knew he was right. 

"Yeah, OK" I said, getting off his bed and patting him on the shoulder. 

"Cheers mate" I said and he nodded, clapping my on the back before laying down in his bed and switching on the TV. I walked out the room and closed the door behind me, pulling my phone out of my pocket in the process. I walked into my room and collapsed on the bed, finding Izzy's name and hitting the call button. 

It wasn't long before her angelic voice echoed down the line. 

"Hey Harry, what's up?" she asked. He voice was laced with sleep and I knew that I had woken her up, but I didn't have time to focus on that, I was too focused on her sleepy voice. Her voice was all croaky and lazy, her words slurred together and she spoke quietly. I smiled to myself before speaking.

"You sound so beautiful when you are sleepy" I mumbled but I knew she heard me because of the giggle from the other side of the line.

"Shut up" she laughed and I smiled once more. "What do you want Harry?" He asked and I heard some shuffling from her end.

"I am calling because I need to ask you a favour" I said.

"Alright" she said, her voice sounding more awake than before.

"So when I was talking to my mum, she said she wanted to meet me at your cafe tomorrow so we could talk things over and maybe work out a mutual agreement on our relationship. So I was wondering, this depends if I do decide to meet her, but would you, be there, to calm me down, if I need you to?" I asked. My fingers were fiddling nervously with a piece of thread hanging off my pillow, pulling at it, wrapping and unwrapping it around my finger.

"Of course! I don't know how I will be able to calm you down but I could try" she said and I smirked at her cuteness.

"Just you being there will calm me down" I said honestly and I heard her giggle. It was the most beautiful noise.

"Well then how can I say no" she said and could hear the smile in her voice.

"Do you know what time you will be over?" she asked and I was quite for a moment.

"Around lunch time" I said and she hummed, to let me know she was listening. I heard her yawn from the end of the line and I smiled, still tugging at the thread.

"You tired baby?" I asked and she hummed again.

"Get some sleep beautiful and I will see you tomorrow" I said softly.

"I love you Harry" she said quietly, her sleepy voice returning. The smile that broke out on my lips was so big it hurt.

"I love you too" I said softly, still smiling from ear to ear. After that the line went dead but the smile lingered. I reached onto my bedside table and grabbed the piece of paper with my mother’s number on it. I typed the number onto my phone and sent the message I hoped I wouldn't regret.

To: Mum

Meet me at the coffee shop at 12 

*******************

Important Authors Note next!

Thanks for all the support guys and I hope you are enjoying the story!

All the love!

-Steph xx <3