Chapter 3

*Isabella's POV*

As usual my Monday night was filled with pizza, TV and magazines which made me feel bad about my body but gave me useful tips on rectifying the problem, as well as dating advice and ways in which I could improve my chances of finding a boyfriend, (you never know when stuff like that may come in useful) so I ripped out the page and left it lying on my kitchen table for future reference. 

I was awoken by the light seeping in through the gap between the windows and reflecting poorly on my mirrored wardrobe, leading to a blinding reflection greeting my when I opened my eyes. Once I had adjusted to the light, I rolled over and checked the time. 6.14am, my alarm would sound in 1 minute, ready to remove me from the warm confines of my bed and make me face another bitter winter day. I switched off the alarm before it could sound and lazily rolled out of bed, planting my feet on the cold wooden flooring and padding over to the wardrobe.

The doors of the wardrobe were mirrored, allowing me to gaze at my outfits once they had been chosen. In this case I was looking at a pair of worn blue pyjama shorts and a white vest which, if it hadn't been used as a substitute pyjama top, would have fallen into the category of slutty clothing with its tight fit and low cut neckline.

I slid the doors of the wardrobe open and pulled out a white blouse, black knee length pencil skirt and a pair of black slip on pumps. I looked out the window to see the trees blowing ferociously in the wind and therefore also decided on a pair of black tights to go with the outfit. After worming my way into my tights and fumbling with the zip on the back of the skirt I finally slipped on the blouse and buttoned it up, leaving two open at the top and folding up the sleeves of the shirt so that they were just below my elbows. My hair has always been naturally curly so once it had been brushed through and parted to the side; I decided to leave it to do its own thing. There was no point spending hours on my hair when the wind would ruin it as soon as I stepped outside. I brushed my teeth and applied the slightest bit of make-up on my face (mascara, blusher and lip gloss). 

I grabbed my leather jacket which had been flung on the chair beside the window following the night out I had had with my friends on Saturday which ended with me waking up feeling like I had run into a brick wall and then been hit by a bus. I really needed to be more careful with the amount of alcohol I was drinking on my night outs.

I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was 6.36am. 

"Shit" I mumbled as I threw my handbag over my shoulder and ran out the door, grabbing a cereal bar as I did so. I made sure to lock the door following a recent break in at The Martin's place a few doors down, but it had always been suspected by those close to the family that they were in some dodgy business so it was little surprise that it was their home that was targeted. Our suspicions were deemed correct when the police arrived at the apartment and removed a fair number of Cannabis plants from the property. I guess you never truly know who your neighbours are. 

The elevator door opened and I saw Louis dealing with two residents saying that their electricity had been cut off during the night. I didn't have time to hear the rest as I dashed out the door and through the streets. 

London was truly one of the most amazing cities in the world. Not that I had seen many on my family holidays but I had seen enough to know that few had the diverse culture and amazing shops that London offered. As well as the amazing food and gorgeous accents. 

I arrived at the Cafe at exactly 7.00 and mentally applauded myself for not being late. I dumped my jacket and bag in the back room and strapped my apron around my waist. I had taken little notice of the customers in the Cafe when I entered, my mind already pre-occupied with the thought of my shift being over and being able to go home. After all, the new series of "Sherlock" was starting tonight and I would be dammed if I was going to miss it, I had waited TWO YEARS for this! In a way, working in the Cafe reminded me of school, I wanted to leave before I had even started the day.