The Day After

I was at home while mom and dad were at the station for a work out session with the team. I was helping them clean up the house a little bit while they were there. It was the day after I had lost Jessie. I was still really upset but I was trying to push through it, as I was about to start washing some of the dishes my phone started ringing. I picked it up to see that Clark was calling me, so I answered it. 

"Hey, what's up."

"Hey cutie. Are you free and if so can I come over? I need to talk to you and it's better to say in person than over the phone."

"Yeah sure. I will leave the front door unlocked." He hung up and I walked to unlock the door. After that I walked back into the kitchen to wash the dishes. After about 20 minutes and I was done, I heard the front door open. I walked into the front room and saw Clark standing there. 

"Hey," I said smiling at him. "Hi."

"So, what's going on?"

"Here, sit down." He walked over to our couch and sat down, I did the same. "Since mom is pregnant, and dad can't be home enough to help her... She wants to go be with her mom for a little while."

"Okay... You're staying here, right? So it's not that big of a deal..." He only looked at me with a sad face. "You're leaving too? W... Why is she taking you? You can take care of yourself at home."

"I don't know. I think she is mad at dad or something." 

"But that isn't a reason to take you away from him. He has a hard job, she should be proud of him for working so hard."

"I know, but she just needs more help and I guess I'm not enough." I looked down at the floor and sighed, "It's not forever though right? You two will move back once the baby is born?"

"I hope so... I will tell you more once I know more okay?" 

"Okay." 

"Anyway... How are you doing? About what happened yesterday?"  I looked at him for a few seconds before I spoke. "I... I can't stand it... It was hard enough losing May... Now that I know that both of her parents hate my guts... and on top of that Jessie is gone... I'm a mess.." 

He hugged me gently. I had struggled with depression since May died but I hid it from mom and dad because I didn't want them to worry about me. Their job was hard enough, they don't need to worry about me. But Clark knew, I couldn't ever really hid things from him since he knew me too well. "I know... But you just gotta keep going. You hear me?"

I nodded, "Yeah..." I heard my phone start ringing so Clark let go of me and I looked at it. Dad was calling and I answered it. "Hey dad."

"Hi, I just wanted to check up on you. I'm sorry we had to leave you home alone after what happened."

"It's okay. I'm fine."

"You know you don't need to be tough about this. You've lost 2 friends in one year. It's normal to feel upset about that."

"I know... I just.." I wanted to change the subject. "How is it going?" He was quiet for a while before I heard their siren go off. "I'll tell you later. I gotta go." 

"Be careful. Love you."

"Love you too." He hung up. Clark and I hung out for a little bit longer, then his mom called him and told him to go home. He gave me a quick kiss before he left. Once he was gone I walked up to my room and looked at the pictures of my two best friends that were now gone forever.

HIIII

So this one is nice and short and more focused on Clark and Lauren's relationship. Should I do more like this? Or no? Give me your thoughts!