He Returns

The next day I went to school. Clark hadn't been to school ever since he left with his mom. I'm guessing it was because his mom needed more help than we had expected. The school days dragged on when he wasn't here to help me get through it all. I sat in our math class and pretended to listen to the teacher as she dragged on talking about fractions and other things I really didn't care to know about. Usually, I wasn't like this in school. I have always been eager to learn new things, but something about having Clark with me made learning things way more interesting. I starting taking notes, trying to keep myself engaged but it didn't really work out that way. 

Finally, the class ended, and luckily for me, math is my last class of the day. I walked to my locker and grabbed my bag, and made my way to the front door of the school. I walked out and saw what appeared to be Clark's car, but I told myself that it wasn't going to be him. I didn't want to get my hopes up only to have them crushed all over again. It was even harder since he had been so busy helping his mom, he and I didn't really have a chance to talk at all.  I sat down on a bench and waited for Dad to come to pick me up. I heard someone call my name so I looked up, only to see Clark standing at his car with his arms crossed. I dropped my bag and ran over to him with a huge smile plastered on my face. We both hugged each other for what felt like an eternity. When we finally pulled away from each other, that's when the questions started pouring out of me.

"What are you doing here? Is your mom okay? Does your dad know you are here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming here? Are you here to stay?" 

"Lauren. Lauren, relax," Clark chuckled as he put his hands on my shoulders. "My mom is okay, she had the baby and both of them are fine. Yes, my dad knows I am here. I didn't tell you I was coming because I wanted it to be a surprise. And since mom had the baby, yes we are coming back and everything is going to go back to normal," He smiled down at me and I remembered how happy it made me. 

"Well, I'm definitely surprised," I smiled up at him. "But I'm also mad at you for not telling me you were coming back!" I playfully smacked his arm. "You big jerk." We both chuckled for a second. Then we got in his car and went to the station. Once we got there, we both got out of the car and walked inside, Clark grabbed a hold of my hand as soon as he got the chance. We walked inside and saw the team working out. It was my day off so, I didn't have to do any of that. Winnie signed Clark in and then said we were good to go back and see everyone. Spike was the first one to say something to us. 

"Hey, guys! Clark, how is your mom doing?" He smiled and gave Clark a pat on the shoulder. Clark smiled and told him that she was doing good and that he was glad the baby had been born. Ed walked over to his son and gave him a hug, which was normal, but it made me think that Clark had come to see me first rather than his dad. I figured now wasn't the best time to ask about that though, so I didn't. Then dad walked over and gave me a hug and asked me how school went. I told him that it was fine, then I asked if we had gotten any calls or if any other team was out on a call. He told me that it had been a fairly quiet day. That was a relief because all I really wanted to do now was hang out with Clark and talk about all the things we haven't really got the chance to do. And that is exactly what we did. 

HEY GUYS! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. Hope Yall are still with me. :)