Coliseum Shooting (part 1)

Things all started to get normal again. I was working cases with mom and dad, Clark was back, and I was getting straight A's in school. Today, I was on the job. Right now I was working on some homework in the briefing room since we weren't doing anything. Then right as I was getting to the hard part, we had a call. Thank god. "Hot call team one. Shots fired at Godwin Coliseum." With that, we all geared up and hopped into the trucks. I rode with Dad and Greg. Eventually, we got to the coliseum and wasted no time getting things underway. Greg and Ed started talking to the demolition supervisor who was inside when the shots were fired while the rest of us got our guns. I was with dad talking to the man who got shot. He kept talking about how it was crap and everything else, except for what we needed to know. "Sir, I understand that but you need to tell us-" he interrupted me every time. 

"Sir! We are asking you again, are you sure you can't recall any details about where the shots came from?" Dad jumped in the conversation now. The man repeated that he couldn't see anything, "Why don't you get in there, and put my tax goers to work?" While he was talking, I got one of the paramedics to take off the wrapping on the man's wound. "What are you doing?" he asked now more concerned. "What you can't tell us, your wound will," I sighed looking at the wound as dad broke it down for me and Ed. "It came from somewhere high," he concluded. "Which way were you facing?" Ed questioned the man who again was confused. "Relative to the front door, which way were you facing?" he asked again. The man showed us he was facing west, so Ed showed dad and me a map pointing to the general area, "Shots came from somewhere over here." As dad and Ed walked away, I looked back to the man and said, "Best wishes for a speedy recovery," and walked away to the rest of the team who was now about ready to enter the building. 

We met Wordie and Leah at the front door. "I've got uniforms at every door. Nobody's been in or out, the guy is likely in there." Leah added that there could be more than one guy, which I really didn't like the sound of. "Everybody else is out of the building," Ed said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Security company says so. There is one guard unaccounted for, but he's on the end of shift. Probably gone home, they are trying to confirm that."

"Alright let's keep it contained. Jules,"

"Copy that, I'm gonna find you a place to command post inside."

"Copy," Greg said right as dad tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to face him, "Yeah?" I asked. "I want you to either go with your mom in the truck or stay close to me, understand?" I could tell he was worried about me getting shot, but I knew what I was doing. "I got this. No problem," I said as the team made entry. Dad and I followed suit, guns raised, ready for anything. 

"April 2nd, 1957. You know who played here?" Greg asked me softly trying to keep quiet in case the shooter was nearby. "Memphis Flash," I grinned keeping my gun up. Ed ruined the fun, "Boss... focus," he chimed and Greg finished stating, "The King," earning a chuckle from me. With that, we all walked through the hall in formation, checking what we could. We made it to the area where the man had gotten shot and stopped before any of us were in the line of fire, thanks to Spike, who saw an infrared sensor. We all slowly got as close as we could without being in any danger. Spike pulled out a long mirror and started pushing it out to the sensor. Right as he got it next to the sensor, there was a shot causing all of us to lift our weapons and look for the shooter. "Everyone's good?" Spike asked and we all confirmed with, "no harm". Spike put the mirror back in front of the sensor and there were more shots. "Same impact, point of shot." I whispered loud enough for only us to hear. "It's rigged to go off when someone walks across," Spike concluded pulling the mirror back and stating that he was out of ammo. Leah remarked about that being clever. "Yeah, takes a bit of know-how," Spike confirmed.

"That matches the angle of the bullet wound," Dad said from beside me. "That rifle's somewhere in the North East, I'm guessing somewhere in the booths." 

"Alright, you and Lauren check it out," Ed said, and with that dad and I went our own way. Mom found somewhere for a command post and the rest of the team went there. Dad led the way, weapon drawn. We arrived at our position, and I could see the tip of the gun, so did he. "Gun's right there. Ready?" He asked facing me now. I nodded and drew my weapon towards where the gun was. With that, we quickly moved into the line of sight, only to see no gunman. "Cover me," dad said as he put his gun in the holster and disabled the rifle before taking it off the bleachers. We walked back a few steps, and dad took a look at the gun before stating, "Jules, I've got a serial number."

"Great, I'll run it through the registry." The team was in the command pose talking about why people might be trying to shoot people here. Ed came over the headsets and asked us what our vantage point was. After thinking and looking around for a moment, I answered, "About 80%." Dad added that we were almost blind on the Northside. 

"Sarge. Got a hit on the rifle. Belongs to a Max Dyksrta, downtown address," Mom said. Greg told her to send some units over to the man's house. She was already on it and was trying to get more background on him. "You got anything on him besides the address?" Greg questioned. "No record, but he's a retired hockey player, one year pro 1978." 

"That's good news, Jules," Greg sounded sarcastic. "Eddy, we may have a line on the subject." 

"Copy that," Ed almost whispered. From my point of view, I could see a ball being rolled out onto the floor and I knew it was Ed. I watched it, curious to see what happened. "This place is massive," dad said softly. "Lots of shadows.." I added cautiously looking around. Ed decided that it was clear, and that he and Wordie were going to move in a foot at a time. Just then, there were shots fired, causing all of us to spring into action and try to find the shooter. I heard Ed and Wordie say that they weren't harmed so that relaxed me a bit, but I was still on my toes to find the shooter. "That was live fire." I said and Ed confirmed, "We've got an active shooter. He's here." 

Hey! I know it's been a while. I'm really lazy so I'm sorry. Hope you are still here!