14. Making Plans

Yoongi bit into the juicy slice of watermelon while he sat on the kitchen countertop, watching Kris mix cake batter into a bowl.

" How long have you known Mina for?" he begins, placing the neatly cleaned green watermelon shell on the plate beside him.

" All the way back to middle school I'd say. But why ask? " She says, staring at Yoongi in confusion.

" It's just that— Do you know why she hates the piano so much? " 

" Um—" Kris stays hesitant for a moment.

" It's fine if you don't want to say, I'm just curious." He said, dropping his legs to the ground before walking to the trash.

•••

" Have you ever dated before?" Taehyung asks, watching Mina intently. Not that she was interested in her per se, he just wanted to see his chances of winning the said 'bet' with Kris.

Mina stares at Taehyung questionably and stays quiet. The two were in the living room waiting for the demon child to come back and make them do her bidding.

" I assume you haven't then." Taehyung gets out, crossing his arms, watching Mina pull at a nonexistent thread as she sits criss cross on the rug.

She turned her head and looked at Taehyung straight in the eyes, emotionless.

" And how many girls have you dated before?"

" Three."

Mina chuckles darkly before looking at him once again.

" So what makes you think whoever you decide to date next won't end up the same as the others? " she says, while the guy in front of her quiets down.

" I don't think. Sometimes you just got to give in to life's messes, logical or not. "

" Kudos to you then. I don't do dating." Mina shrugs.  Taehyung watches her for a second before shaking his head.

Ris's gonna get more than what she ever bargained for.

•••

" Alright guys, I madea  cake, fed you watermelon, and got you tea, now can we discuss this barbecue? " 

" You told me you got Gdragon's new album-" Yoongi began.

" Yeah well fibs happen Yoongi." Kris snapped in annoyance. Yoongi parted his lips and sighed laying his head down on the couch, an inch away from where Mina was sitting.

Mina swallowed nervously as she stared at Yoongi, watching the slow rise and fall of his chest, her eyes threatening to move up to his face.

Getting up from the seat she was sitting in, Mina scoots to the other couch, taking an especially deep breath of air. The ends of Yoongi's lips curve into a smirk, eyes slowly opening to see Mina's cheeks shaded a red hue.

" All of you guys have to come right after school. Taehyung and I are going to to head to the grocery store to buy some of the ingredients so you two are going to have to come together since Yoongi knows the way to my house."

" Um how about me and you go together instead? "

" Um how about no." Kris said back. Taehyung let out a laugh.

" Should I bring something too? " Taeyeon voice calls from upstairs.Footsteps are heard as they gradually get louder towards the bottom few steps.