17. Anime Betrayal

" Mi-Mina? What are you doing here? " Kris's voice is hoarse and Yoongi's head moves to Mina who stands there, with the look of anger flickering across her eyes.

" Is that important right now? " she asked.

" I asked you to never speak of it to anyone-Why him? Why do you tell him? "

" I—" Kris began.

" Just because you talk to him enough to tell your secrets, it doesn't mean you can tell him mine."

" Aren't you overreacting—" Yoongi began and Mina glared at him.

" Stay out of this." She hissed.

" You're no different than those other girls Kris. In the end they all lied about everything they said to me." Mina's hands were clenched into fists and she was trying immensely hard to hide her pain. Kris stood there, hands shaking with her head hung low.

"You promised me." Mina said, voice cracking.

" And you know what? I'm sick and tired of you thinking that you can be a cupid. What? telling Yoongi is going to make him pity me and he'll give me a hug? Then will you be satisfied??"

" I'm leaving." She muttered, beginning to walk away before she abruptly stops.

" And don't even think that I'm coming to your stupid barbecue." She says, leaving Kris standing there.

" You're not gonna go chase her? " Yoongi asked, glaring at the back of Mina's head.

" Let her be. I said something to you that I shouldn't have.I'm so stupid."Kris sighed, letting a tear escape the corners of her eyes. Yoongi watches his friend, the person who brought people together, staring at the ground all alone.

" Hey, I'm walking you home." He said, grabbing her backpack and giving her back a small push forward.

" I'll buy you some pistachio ice cream." He offered for the first time. Kris shook her head, clearly out of it.

" I wanna just go home." She whispered, cursing at herself in her headed over and over again.

" It wasn't your fault. You would have never said anything if I never asked you." He stated.
Kris shook her head.

" She's an idiot." He muttered.

" Come on Kris, let's get you home then."

•••

Things had changed after that.

Mina no longer saw Kris laughing beside her and making jokes during lunchtime and Yoongi always left during that time probably to Kris's class. Mina felt so lonely. It wasn't the same anymore.

She missed it so much.

She missed Kris's whining and her adventurous smile.

Mina felt her eyes water, as she pressed her face into the cold desk, and let a strangled breath.

How much did she tell Yoongi? About her past that even Mina forced herself to lodge into a deserted part of her head.

Her heart clenched in a painful way.

The bell had rang and students came in, including Yoongi. Mina pulled her head up.
Maybe Yoongi forgot about what had happened.It wasn't Yoongi's business to care anyways.

" Hey Yoong—"

" Sorry, I don't feel like talking to you." He said casually.

He didn't sound mad, in fact he sounded like the whole fight between Kris never happened. But his words felt like she'd been hit with multiple bricks.

She hated Yoongi for being so nonchalant about everything.

" Alright." She whispered, barely audible.

Class felt like it would never end, and Mina actually focused on her work this time until the bell rang. Mina slowly placed her books into her bag and began to head out.

" Hey." Yoongi said, tugging at the small strap of her book bag, causing Mina to turn to him with a glare.

He was the one who said not to talk to hi—

" Quit acting like you're the only one suffering, because you're clearly not." He said, letting go as Mina stumbled forward in shock.

Yoongi left her there and a few moments later Mina walked iut of class and out of school.

Then.

She ran.

Her eyes sting with salty tears while she sprinted back home, away from the students away from Kris and Yoongi. Why was she always the one that ended up losing?

Oh right.

She was the one who started all of this in the first place.