29. It's Official

Summer seemed to fly by within two months. Mina spent nearly all her time either sleeping or watching dramas on reruns while crying internally as Song Joong-Ki acts in Descendants of the sun, wondering how a person could be able to blink and still look handsome.

And other times Mina would be hooked on the edge of the bed watching Yoona play "Anna" in K2, questioning the number of times she had cried in the drama.

And speaking of the other " YooNa ", Yoongi and Mina through a normal eye barely even looked like a couple, since the two would never do PDA out on the streets. Infact they never even hung out together alone, without Kris dragging them along.

But today was a bit different kind of Saturday where Yoongi planned to pickup Mina by her house to go to a cafe to meet Kris and Taehyung.

He rang the bell to her home and watched as waterdroplets from the trees after the light drizzle fell on top of his head. The door opens and there stood an older lady, watching Yoongi in disbelief. The lady had Mina's eyes and her straight black hair, however her skin was pale like Yoongi's but with wrinkles accentuating her eyes.

" Who are you? " she asks, folding her arms before Yoongi hears a loud thud and a small groan.

" Ah, Hello. You must be Mina's mother." Yoongi said politely, bowing his head.

" MOM—" Mina's arms flail through the space next to her mother as she squeezes out. Yoongi gives her a good look through seeing how she was wearing black overall shorts over a white-t-shirt whose sleeves reached her elbows.

Mina's hair was placed into a neat little bun with a small lilac flower clip placed on it. Yoongi stared amused, watching Mina struggle to explain why a guy was at their door step.

"He'sjustmyfriendthatI'mwithandhisname's
MinYoongiandwewerejustabouttogoand
hang—"

" Wait a minute. Min Yoongi? " Her mother asks, turning back to Yoongi who was standing awkwardly in silence.

" Is your mother Min Jiwoo? " She asks, voice anticipating.

" Yeah. How do you know...?" 

" You look just like her. I can't believe you've grown so much."

" What? " It was Mina's turn to be confused.

"  Jiwoo's a friend of mine. We went to the same college back in the day. Jiwoo had Yoongi months before I got you so I went to visit her." Mina's mom smiled as Mina finally slipped past her, pinching Yoongi's arm to signal him that they should probably get going.

" Mom, we can talk about you and Mrs.Min and your history another time. For now we're going to go. Okay? " Mina's mother squinted in suspicion before nodding her head.

" Have a good day." Yoongi turned to bow.

" Be safe kids."

•••

Mina's hands were still dangling by her side. She looked at Yoongi's attire, gushing at how good he look in black pants and a ripped denim jacket. Along with that he wore a hat that had a small white image of a hand holding up a peace sign.

" I can't believe my mom knows you." Mina sighed. Yoongi pressed his lips into a thin line, pulling at the strap of Mina's overall.