22. The BBQ

The barbecue was just about to begin, but Kris and Taehyung had decided to prep the meat first

" Someone's happy," Taehyung said, nudging Kris who was slapping red sauce onto her beef strips.

" Mhm." She hummed, with a smile that glowed.

" But I'm happier."

" Why?" Kris raised her eyebrows.

" Cuz I won our bet."

" What bet-Oh shoot." Kris's eyes widened as she lifted her head to look at Taehyung.

" Tae, I completely forgot," she whined.

" You have to do my bidding now Ris—"

" Um slow your horses, I still have some time."

" It's impossible Ris. Impossible. What are you gonna do? Call Cinderella's fairy godmother and bibbidy bobby boo, make those two fall in love? "

Kris glared at him and huffed.

" Watch it Taehyung. Unless you want me to shove a kebab stick down your throat."

"Whatever you say." Taehyung said, shrugging at her empty threat.

" And plus Mr.know-it-all, I told you had a plan last time." She said, tippy toeing close enough so her mouth was by Taehyung's ear.

" Just wait and watch my dear Watson, wait and watch."

•••

" OH NO." Kris screamed loudly from the kitchen as Mina and Yoongi both walked over.

" What happened?? " Mina asked worrisly.

" I completely forgot about getting the drinks and snacks. "

" When do you not? " Yoongi asked.

" Do you want me to go get it? " Taehyung asked. Kris gave him an are-you-dumb look.

" No, you have to help me with grilling." She said, pinching Taehyung's arm.

" Mina and Yoongi, since you two have nothing to do, can you go together to get some supplies? I'll give you
guys a list."  Kris said in a plead.

Mina sighed but nodded her head, looking to Yoongi was clearly not in the mood to go anywhere.

" Sure." He said surprising everyone.

•••

The store nearby was ten minutes away and  the two settled on walking since it was a pretty good day with the sun shining warmly against their faces.

" Tell me what happened that day." Yoongi said confidently as the two walked side by side.

" Excuse me? "

" Tell me what happened that day when you were going to perform."  He said.

" Why—Why should I tell you? "

" I want to know? "

" You ignore me, then you act salty and then you drag me to Kris's house and now you want to know the most deepest darkest day of my life? You're funny."

" I'm the swag master."

" Shut up." Mina said rolling her eyes.

" I'm just curious." Yoongi shrugs, stuffing his hands into the pockets's of his navy blue blazer.

" Curiosity killed the cat."

" But satisfaction brought it back." Yoongi said.

" Forget it."

" Alright, then I'll assume you just had stage fright." Mina clenched her fists.

" Don't act like you know everything." Mina glared, walking further.

" Then why don't you tell me what really happened? Prove to me what whatever Kris said wasn't just you overreacting."

" Fine, you want to know? "