24. Muse Abuse

" Are you mad? "

" Kris told you? "

" Her sister did."

Yoongi stayed quiet before walking off. Mina chases behind him until she was walking next ti him.

" Are you mad?" She questioned.

" No."

" You seem mad."

" And you seem annoying."

" You know? You're stupid." Mina said, statin matter-of-factly.

" Funny, coming from you." He said, rolling his eyes.

" You used your ex as a muse and wrote music based on all of your downfalls."

" That's bad because? "

" Come on Yoongi. You don't get it do you? " she stops and glares at the solemn faced guy.

" What? "

" You were just using her. All those emotions were real but you just turned it into a song."

" Again, thats bad because? "

" What if I dated you and broke up with you just because I wanted to experience the feeling of heartbreak?—" she stopped, waiting for Yoongi to snap.

"—I'd make you get feelings for me. While you probably took it seriously, I didn't."

" Why do you care so much? It's none of your business what I do or don't do."

" Because —because you're lucky. "

" Why? "

" You're lucky someone liked you so much they would take the chance of dating you, whatever the circumstances."

" She just couldnt accept what I liked, " Yoongi shrugged.

"—You took it for granted didn't you? You don't feel the hurt she must of felt when you broke up, " she continued.

" Do you know for the past 4 years all I did was annoy people? The ones I liked thought of me as 'just a friend'. " Mina felt her hands clench. She felt more like she was talking to herself than to Yoongi.

" People like you are talented and look good. Meanwhile I'm here. No one ever—"

She could not believe she was going to say it.

" No one ever thought of me as a signficant other."

" Who would want someone who asks too many stupid questions for her own good? " she said again, staring at her legs.

The area was quiet and Mina felt the tension rising. After all, she was the only one talking amongst the two. She felt the same suffocated feeling from years back on the stage. But it was different.

It was just him she was talking to, not a a crowd that wanted to her piano skills that she probably never had.

" I would." Yoongi stated bluntly.

" What? " she asked , stopping in her tracks.

" You're not that bad."

" Again, what?"

" Are you deaf? I'm not repeating it again." Yoongi asked, destroying the mood.

" Then don't." Mina glared, crossing her arms.

Yoongi rolled his eyes.

" I wouldn't mind dating you." He said. Softly. Like he had told her a secret.

" Wha—" Mina felt her voice falling from shock.

" You aren't that bad. You just beat yourself up with what other people think. And—" Yoongi pauses, before continuing.

" I would date you, if that makes you feel better."

Mina gawked as her sadness faded into a warm little bubble inside her heart.

" Was that a confession Yoongi? "She asks, daring her self to be more, well..daring.

" Ask google."

" I don't think google has the answer. But, for the first time, I think I do." She mutters. Yoongi stares at the floor and speed walks away.

Mina smiles wider, catching up to him, while her hand slip her cold fingers in his. His hands were soft, pianst like. She could feel the callouses in his hands, and her heart raced as she felt them clasp tighter around hers.

Yoongi stares at it for a second before nodding.

" Cool."

" Cool."

The walk was silent, yet not awkward.A warm breeze passed by and the sky was darkening into a navy blue.

Mina now felt super conscious.She probably should have dried her sweaty palms before holding onto his hand.

And anyways. Was she being too blunt? Technically he did say he would 'date her' to make her feel better. What if Yoongi thought she just rushed into it?

What were they now anyways?

What if she was assuming that he confessed. What if he was just being nice—

Yoongi slips his hand away from hers and Mina freezes.She was right.Never again will that confidence be regained.

" We're here. You got the list? " Yoongi asked.

Mina nods, pulling it out, with a tinge of disappointment as her hand feels cold from the lack of warmth Yoongi had provided.

They spend a few minutes debating whether they should get Sprite Or Pepsi along with grabbing all the things that Mina had called for before finally finishing their mini mission.

Mina quickly pays for the items and takes both of the bags, walking ahead of Yoongi.

She wasn't disappointed. Why would she be disappointed? Its only Yoongi—

Yoongi smoothly takes the bag she was holding and shifts the weight to his other hand before taking his free hand and sticking it out in front of Mina.

Mina stares at it.

" It's a free offer, for paying for the things. Take it or Leave it-"

Take it.

Hands are linked again, no extra words are muttered and Yoongi doesn't continue his sentence.Instead the corners of his mouth curves into a smile. But it was dark now, so Mina wouldn't notice.

And Yoongi wouldn't notice the relief on Mina's face, and maybe even the blush that was on her cheeks when she feels his hands tightening around hers.  

Because darkness shields what is unseen.

— aye finally after 8293949 years.