21. Apologies

Life had never been so awkward.

Two girls standing on other ends of the room.

Staring at each other awkwardly.

Maybe it was fear, maybe it was nervousness.

" What the heck is Taehyung's problem? " Kris glared at the door in which Taehyung slammed shut.

Mina's eyes were glued to the floor as if it was the most interesting thing there was in the plain beige walled room. Her mind was debating how she would talk to Kris. She knew if she said even a word, tears would already flow down her face.

It had only been a week since since the two stopped talking and it felt like they were strangers trapped in an elevator. Kris turned to face Mina.

" Mina I—" Kris stopped for a second, taking a deep breath and continue.

" I'm sorry." She said and Mina lifted her head ins surprise. She was supposed to the the one apologizing. Kris was supposed to be angry at her for showing up.

" It was a stupid idea. I'm so sorry. I just felt so trapped after Yoongi asked me about you. I know you were traumatized after that incident and—I'm so dumb for telling Yoongi."

Mina stayed quiet.

" I should be saying that you. I said so many things to you and its puts me more at fault than you." Mina said softly, lifting her head up to stare in Kris's crestfallen eyes. Kris shook her head vigorously.

" No no no, you said it right. I—I can't match make people at all. And I'm loud and jumpy and annoying and—"

" And you make people have the time of their lives width just your presence and you'll never leave your friend's side if their upset, and." Mina stopped her sentence.

" And? " Kris pressed. Mina hesitated before continuing her sentence.

" And well, you are, um , you know..my b—my best friend." She said, cheeks turning red as Kris's jaw opened.

" That's like the first time your ever called me that." She whispered.

" Well it's the last time I will okay?" Mina grumbled, trying to hide the happy feeling bubbling inside her. She'd finally talked to Kris.

" So we're good?"

" Mhm."

" Well then since that's settled.KIM TAEHYUNG GET YOUR STUPID SELF OVER HERE AND GET THE KEYS BEFORE IS STRANGLE YOU." Kris screeched before hearing Taehyung giggle. The keys jiggled against the door knob as it twisted before opening widely.

A loud smack could be heard.

" What the heck Kris." Taehyung yelled,rubbing his shoulder but still laughing fondly at Kris who was trying hard to make a bruise on his bicep.

" Taehyung yelled,rubbing his shoulder but still laughing fondly at Kris who was trying hard to make a bruise on his bicep

" Annoying.Brat.I.Hate.You." She said through each punch.

" You don't hate me Ris." He said, poking her cheek.

" How did Thing 1 and Thing 2 end their fight so quickly." Yoongi popped up out of nowhere.

" Um I don't hold grudges like you stupid." Mina glares, seeing Yoongi who's tie was slung on his shoulder now, holding a mug of some kind of drink.

" You should thank me for bringing you here you know." He shrugged walking to the couch.

" You technically kidnapped me." She muttered, watching Yoongi fall on the couch, shutting his eyes.

" But thanks for that..Yoongi." She muttered softly under breath, smiling as she headed to Kris.

Yoongi opened his eyes slowly and watched Mina smiling as she talked to Kris for the first time in a week.

He was always catching her her hidden smiles.

"You're welcome."

— the weight on my shoulder has been lifted :)