34.BC VI: Calls

A/n: hehe few more to go

Mina let out a breath of relief as she placed her head on her pillow, listening to the clock tick. It was Friday again and the writer smiled excitedly. She had finally, as a means of health precautions, forced Yoongi join her for a date night once a week. Yoongi agreed on the terms that if he still had any work left, he would finish at her place.

The man was a workaholic.

But he still managed to save up some time for her.

Mina looked toward the table, bags of unopened food was waiting to be eaten. Beef and kimchi stew, followed by an assortment of side dishes.

Yoongi and Mina had agreed that their meeting would be back at Mina's place and Mina's mother had insisted on making fresh kimchi and other dishes for Yoongi, reminding her to say hello. At least he wouldn't complain that their meal was packaged ramen again.

Mina sigh and heard the doorbell ring and in an instant, she went over to check the camera to see Yoongi, mask on and waving at the camera. Mina swings the door open and nearly jumps as a fluffy dog lay in Yoongi's arms. Mina practically forgot Yoongi and stared at the fluffy-looking animal, heart melting.

¨Where did you come from?¨ Mina squealed, before finally staring up at Yoongi who walks inside, a bag slung over his shoulder.

¨My mom's going on a trip and she asked me to take care of Holly." He shrugged, dropping his bag and carefully letting the crème-colored canine step onto the ground. The canine barked once at Mina, who instinctively jumped, earning a small chuckle from Yoongi.

"Holly?¨ Mina said, glaring at Yoongi. She turned back to Holly, who was now sniffing the air. Yoongi nods, and washes his hands, while Mina watches Holly, facing glowing with a childlike eagerness. Mina takes a seat on the couch at Yoongi who had finally taken a seat next to her.

He takes her hand and traces a thumb over her knuckles, a yawn escaping from his mouth.

"I'm tired," he murmurs quietly before Mina sighs, taking off the black cap he was wearing.

"That's why I told you to sleep more.¨ she said about to lightly smack Yoongi's shoulder. Mina stops abruptly and lets her fingers smooth Yoongi's hair. He gives her a look, eyes scouring her face.

"You can't just sleep here. Come on, you can take a nap after you eat,"

"And what has MinMin made for me today? Let me guess, ramen with a side of kimchi, or maybe some kimbap wrap from the supermarket?" Yoongi inquired, dropping his head on her shoulder.

" For your information, my mom decide to pack some food over for you."

"Because you can't." Yoongi asks with an eyebrow raise.

"Fine then, starve." Mina grins, moving towards him and wrapping her arms around his waist. He smelled like he had ran into a cotton candy factory.

"Hey." she asks lightly, feeling his arms tighten around her.

"Hey." He replies back.

Mina pulls away to stare him "How was work?"

Yoongi stared at the ceiling for a moment and then looked down at her "I met a pretty singer and worked on her song." Mina frown, about to open her mouth, but Yoongi cups her cheek with his hand. "And I missed you."

Yoongi watches as Mina's face blooms her signature shade of red and she looks away "Really? That's crazy, because me too."

•••

Thirty minutes later, both Mina and Yoongi had settled on the sofa, with Yoongi smiling victoriously as he starts typing on his computer. Mina places the freshly made popcorn

"Want to watch a moving about some kids and a nun?"

Mina "Ooh sounds interest-" Mina stops midway as Yoongi pulls up the trailer of a pale nun, with black lips and eyes gracing the screen. "No." she finished.

"Aw come on, it's just about some nun-"

"Do you want to go deaf from my screaming?"

"You can hug me if you're scared." Yoongi grinned, hand reaching to grab a popcorn from the bowl.

Mina slaps it away "No, you'll be laughing whenever I flinch."

"It's cute. though" Yoongi shrugged.

"Well anyways, find some other-"

Yoongi's phone starts ringing, and Mina flinches. He gives her a glance. "See, even without a horror movie, you-"

Mina leans forward and clasps his mouth with her hand. "Bro, just answer the phone, otherwise I'm throwing your Pororo out."

Yoongi grins but picks the phone up.

"Oh, Kris-" Yoongi stops, grin wiped off his face. Mina straighten, hearing a muffled sound, and takes his phone to turn on the speaker.

Kris' breath sounded erratic on the other line, almost as though she wanted to cry.

"I don't know what to do." Kris muttered, more to herself than them.

"Kris? Kris, take a deep breath and tell us what's happening." Mina says, glancing quickly at Yoongi who was listening quietly next to her.

"It's-It's Taehyung--" Kris said. " He was supposed to perform today- and he was supposed to pick up me at work. And I got a call, and they said the stage-the stage had an issue, and Taehyung was performing and no one told him about the problem and he-" Kris took another breath, voice shaky.

"He fell."