Boy or girl...?

Naruto lay peacefully with Kyu within his mindscape. He wouldn't change this for the world. Unfortunately though he feels a familiar chakra signature approaching his body.

He sighed and left his mindscape. Pretending to be asleep he waited for the person to get close enough. He sensed there hand get closer. He sprung up grabbing the persons arm and twisting it behind there back. He grabbed a kunai from his pouch and held it to there neck.

He knew the person was the fake hunter nin from before. Now up close he saw she was a young girl around 15 years of age.

"Who are you?" He asked already knowing who she was.

"My name is Haku" she answered afraid of what he would do to her.

"Well Haku what are you doing here?" He carried on with his impromptu interrogation.

"I'm looking for herbs to heal my injured father" she hoped he would buy her little lie.

"So your trying to heal Zabuza, hunter nin." Haku's eyes widened in shock. She thrashed trying to break out of his strong grip. Unfortunately for her he was a lot stronger than she was.

"W-what a-are yo-you go-gonna do to me" she stuttered out.

"Nothing" he responded and let her go.
She turned to look at him and gained a tiny blush.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"I want to fight Zabuza again hopefully this time he will actually be a challenge" he spoke.

"Oh and a beautiful girl like you shouldn't get involved." He finished.

Naruto turned to leave but stopped as the girls voice reached his ears.

"I'm a boy by the way" she spoke causing Naruto to raise his eyebrow.

"Sure you are. Maybe you need the herbs more than Zabuza you seem to be delirious. You can't lie to me." With that he left this time opting to use the shushin.

Haku looked around and once she confirmed he was gone started to pick the herbs she needed. Naruto, however lingered on in her mind for a long time after there encounter.
———————————————————
With Natsuki- guest room
———————————————————
Natsuki was currently sat on a futon thinking about her team and the mission.

She was worried. This was a rare phenomenon as she was barely ever worried about anything. But she wasn't sure they could complete this mission.

Anko lost to Zabuza. And Naruto may not be able to beat him again. Sure her and Satsuko were strong especially together but to Zabuza they would be nothing more than little girls way in over there head.

It terrified her. She knew she needed to be strong and believe in herself. But she knew deep down. That when the fight began she may not be able to muster up the courage to fight with her team.

"Your scared aren't you" she heard a masculine voice at the door. Looking up she saw Naruto. She looked down ashamed.

"Don't be ashamed were all afraid of something" she looked up straight into his eyes. Almost immediately she was lost in them. She never noticed him approach her.

He rested his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry you've got the both Satsuko and Anko supporting you." He reassured.

She smiled then frowned "What about you?" She asked. Does he not care or does he only care about the mission and Aina.

He pulled his mask down to his chin and smiled. This minor action caused her face to light up like a Christmas tree.

"You've got me to"
——————————————————
Chapter finished
——————————————————
I know its short but I'm tired and I'm working on a chapter that will complete the entire modified wave arc.

While I'm doing that I'll also be working on my RWBY story so check that out. I might release more small chapters like this but I don't know.

Thanks for reading hope you all have a good day/night see ya next chapter BYE BYE
Ps. I don't own Naruto