33

Your POV

When I got a grip on myself again, I called him and told him "Get your stuff out of my life."

He was there within few minutes, as if he had literally ran all the way here, but I know he would never run so much.

"What?" He was breathless, stairs to blame.

I pushed the box with my foor towards the door and imitated in his voice "I'll never use you."

"What are you ta-" He broke off when he saw the box.

"Oh? This rang a bell? Maybe some order you took couple of days ago when you were too busy that you couldn't even call me so you just thought ' maybe I should send her a present? Her life must be boring, let's perk it up!' Well thanks for endangering not just mine but Sohee and your dongsaeng Kookie's life too." I said, calmly.

"Endangering your life?" He raised his eyebrow, annoyed now.

"Reputation, career, clean police records, peace and harmony, yeah, I call that life." I replied coldly.

"I thought we thought alike." He said, somewhat hurt.

"So you thought I'd think that you thinking that it's ok to send me a firearm package would be an amazing surprise?" I twisted my words.

"What? What do you mean?" He was confused.

I mentally smiled, smugly.

Gotcha.

"Exactly. You don't understand. You don't understand me, my life but I understand yours. If you just wanted me out, you could've simply said so." I said, my tone climbing up a notch.

"Oh and you would have just left? Just like that? Even if I wanted?" He was yelling too now.

Yeontan hid under the bed whimpering and Sohee tried to calm him.

"So you did want that." I said, but didn't scream for the sake of Yeontan.

"I did NOT. Would you please stop with your hyperactive imagination and give your stupid mind a break?" He replied.

"Sure I would, if you'd get the hell out of here, you liar." I said, holding back my tears.

" Seriously, you overreact so much." He picked up the box and walked to the door.

I followed him out and said "It wasn't just about me. You just almost screwed my bestie and my brother-like neighbor's life and I wouldn't tolerate that."

"You know, I didn't order this to be put here. But thank god someone messed up cuz now I've seen your real side." He hissed and left.

I went back to my room with a bottle of wine and stroked Yeontan, who was now prancing around again.

I fell face first on my pillow after finishing the bottle but being too tired and lazy to get another, and drifted to sleep.

_____

31st December, 2017