38

Your POV

I was shook.

What was I expecting?

More fighting?

A dead body?

Ok, at the very least, I was kinda expecting Sohee to be taped to a chair in a dimly lit basement or something.

Anything but this.

Yeontan came yapping at me, breaking my state of trance.

Thought you didn't like me, lil' guy.

But I was still absolutely dumbfounded, staring at the half-eaten cake on the table and cup of coffee in Sohee's hands.

"What?! Not already!" Taehyung whined.

Taehyung? TAEHYUNG?

I looked at Suga, who had pulled up his face mask before entering this room, and was still processing all this, trying to come to a reasonable conclusion.

Then everyone but me aimed their weapons on him.

Why is it just him and Sohee? No reinforcements? Fishy.

"You ok?" I scrambled to Sohee when I came to my senses.

"What? I was having the time of my life!" She threw her arms open, gesturing at the weird decoration of the room.

I just noticed that there were colorful paper ribbons hanging from the ceilings and a "Happy birthday" graffiti on the focus wall.

"There's a thing called smartphone which can be used to contact your loved ones because THEY MIGHT BE WORRIED THAT WHY ARE YOU TAKING 6 GODDAMN HOURS TO TAKE A DOG TO A WALK!" I couldn't control myself and gave her a light smack at the back of her head.

"Ow! Sorry! But I probably dropped it or something when he....gave me a lift." She pouted.

"Gave you a lift? To an abandoned warehouse?! And then asked for ransom?! Why the hell you needed a lift anyway!?" I bellowed.

"Well, he insisted...." She looked at him, who was too chill for a person on whom like 20 people are aiming their guns at, and I'm not even counting the frypans and water bottles.

"He wanted to celebrate my birthday... Please don't harm him..." She said.

"Cele-Celebrate your birthday? What was wrong with celebrating it like normal goddamn people? Why couldn't he just barge in our party like he did on my birthday?! Are you under some influence? Did he threaten you?" I held her head, bending it left and right checking for any injuries and tested her limbs.

Her eyes weren't red. No needle marks on her arms.

She was fine except some stickiness on her wrists which can mean only one thing.

"Then why in the world did he tape your wrists?" I asked her.

"Well...uh..." She hesitated.

"I kidnapped her!" Tae finally spoke up, earning a slap from SuJin.

"No!!" Sohee shrieked and everyone looked at her in astonishment.

"What the..? What is going on?!" Moana questioned.

"I..he...uh...I...m...Well....He....I...we....."
Sohee stuttered.

"Ok shut up. You, speak up." SuJin poked Taehyung's head with her frypan.

"I...well....I really liked her and she was your friend," He looked at me, "and you were Suga's, and with her, we could kill two birds with one stone!" He said.