36

Your POV

It's like 10. And Sohee isn't home yet.

What the hell?

I tried her cell, obviously, but it was turned off.

I called almost every contact on my phone and no one had seen her today.
She was supposed to be back by 6 cuz we were going out to celebrate her birthday.

I went out and took a walk up and down the street.

Still no sign of her.

But there was someone else.

Suga's silhouette walked to me and instead of turning my heel and making a beeline for my apartment, I stood there, frozen.

"Hey." He said.

I didn't reply.

Where could she be? Who takes the dog for a walk for 5 damn hours?
Wait wasn't she about to meet...

"Where is-" He cut me off before I even said it.

"I don't know. We were supposed to meet but she refused so I was like ok, but then I tried calling her later but her phone was switched off so I thought I'd just come and meet you. Look it.." Now it was my turn to cut him off.

"Wait what? She didn't meet you, Yeontan was with her, she hasn't returned, I called and asked others and they hadn't even seen her today, it was her birthday today, where the hell is she?!" I screamed in frustration.

As if on cue, my phone rang and I picked it up instantly.

"Where are you Sohee?!" I barked on the speaker.

A windshield laugh erupted from the other side.

I automatically started walking back to my apartment with Suga following me.

My mind, influenced by all the crime thrillers I read and time I spent in Police, was screaming ransom call!

I can't trace the call, recording would be useless, I just stood frozen in my living room, helplessly.

"We have your Sohee. Want her back?" A male voice mocked me.

Just say the amount jerk. Gimme an address.

"Let's have a million, oh, you are broke. Ok, 50 grand will do. Cash." He sighed.

What the..?

"Back at the end of 6th alley in the industrial site-VI, you can find that out, can't you?" He turned serious.

If he hadn't been some stupid kidnapper, his voice sounds soft enough to land him in vocal line if he auditioned for a kpop band....

What the hell am I thinking?!

"Time?" I asked.

"Midnight of course" He laughed again and ended the call.

I so wanted to get to him through phone and punch his freaking nose.

"How much and where?" Suga took out his chequebook.

"You seriously carried a chequebook here?" I looked at him suspiciously, "If you're the one who got her, release her right now."

"Are you kidding me? This is my business suit! Of course I keep a chequebook in this pocket!" He defended himself.

"You had to bump into me?" I muttered, rummaging around my drawers to find my chequebook.

"I warned ya'" He shrugged.