35

Jin's POV

"But how can you be so sure that he'll help the girl to find her friend when they had had a huge fight?" I suddenly remembered the success of the plan Joonie and I hatched becoming futile.

"Oh don't worry about that. If he's as lovesick as he seems to be, he'll definitely be there." Tae gave me a thumbs up and we called it a day.

____

5th January, 2018

Your POV

I get up at 5, while Sohee was still sleeping.

First miracle of the year people!

Past few days have been a roller coaster ride of emotions, like my moods changed more frequently than the waves hit the shore in a minute.

One minute I feel like crying, the other minute I'm laughing hysterically when old memories flash before my eyes.

One thing that didn't change was how he never left my mind.

Is that why they say 'If you feel like you're falling in love, bang your head on the wall. It'll hurt less in the end'?

I was too lazy to heat the milk on stove so I just put it in microwave for a minute.

The wait was excruciating.

I swear microwave seconds are slower.

When it was all heated up nicely, I focussed on making the best coffee I ever made in my entire life.

Or else, it'd be feckless.

I heard Sohee getting up and about just as I finished making it.

I don't know how to make fancy leaves and stuff on that coffee foam so I just put the note I wrote last night in fancy letters and aesthetic color scheme beside the cup.

"Our goofball, a year older now!" I said to myself. Something I've been doing since childhood, honestly.

I put the tray on her bedside table , that's when she walked out of the bathroom, wiping her face so delicately as if it was made of tissue paper.

Well, she had always been the one to actually care for her skin.

The rest of us left it at the mercy of God, or the weather.

"Omo! You actually got up earlier than me for this?!" She squealed.

"It is your birthday afterall!" I gave her a hug.

"Oof, thanks!" She smiled and picked up the 'May your Coffee kick in before reality does' mug.

"Whoa? Did you make this? Where did you learn to make it?!" She looked at me with surprise.

"Long Live YouTube!" I laughed.

"Of course." She smirked and continued with her coffee.

As I left for my room, her phone rang.

I had forgot to wrap up her gift- a glass lipstick organizer with a couple of liquid mattes of her favorite colors- so I fumbled around for the wrapping paper while she attended the call.