32: Grimes' Versus Dixons

When I saw Andrea standing in the middle of the cell block, all the group's eyes on her, I didn't know whether to feel relieved or concerned. Then, I started hearing the words that were being exchanged, and I decided to go with the latter option.

"We cleared that field, and the courtyard, those were ours, until your boyfriend tore down our fence with a truck and shot us up," Rick said to Andrea, cocking an eyebrow at her.

"He said you fired first..." she responded, her eyes growing narrow with confusion.

"Well, he's lying. He killed an inmate who survived in here."

"We liked him, he was one of us," Dad pitched in as we joined in the circle around Andrea.

"I didn't know anything about that. As soon as I heard what happened, I came here. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out.."

"That was days ago. At that shoot-out, he was going to kill Michonne and Maggie and he damn near killed me," Glenn said.

"With his finger on the trigger!" Andrea exclaimed, pointing to Merle, who was standing alone and off to the side. "He's the one who kidnapped you, beat you!" Then, she pressed her fingers to the bridges of her nose, and sighed.

"Look, I can't excuse or explain what Philip has done. But I am here trying to warn you. He's gearing up for war; the citizens, they all see you as killers. He's training them to fight, he wants them to attack this place and take it from you."

Dad scoffed from beside me, and shook his head. "Well, I'll tell you what. Next time you see 'Philip', tell him Imma take his other eye."

"We've taken too much of this stuff for too long. He wants a war? He's got one."

Andrea looked utterly shocked as she turned to look at Rick, her mouth slightly agape. "Rick, if you don't sit down and try to work this out, I don't know what's gonna happen. He has a whole town, and.. well, look at you. You've lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore."

"... You want to help us out? Then get us inside," Rick said, striding up to her.

"No," Andrea said immediately, shaking her head.

"Then we got nothing to talk about," Rick retorted.

Andrea attempted to call after him, but he didn't pay her any attention at all. He simply spun around, pretending like she wasn't there at all, and walked directly out of the cell block.

 He simply spun around, pretending like she wasn't there at all, and walked directly out of the cell block