45: Thank You

I sprinted as fast as my legs would carry me in the woods, and didn't stop until I saw a large, gray fence, blocking me from going any further.

Panting, I walked up to it, and looked out at what lie past it. When I saw the enormous brick building, with the letters T-E-R-M-I-N-U-S painted on the front of it, a sense of relief found its way to me.

But, I knew that I wasn't out of the woods yet. If the people there were cannibals, then that meant Alex and Lea were in a lot of danger, and I was the only one who could get them out of it.

Or, I thought so, at least.

In the next second, a deafening explosion had filled the air, and Terminus had erupted into flames. I stumbled back, clutching Judith to my chest as I gasped. I watched as walkers fled into building, and realized that someone else must've known what that place was, and had intentions to destroy it.

I wanted to go find Alex and Lea desperately, but I knew I couldn't bring Judith into that kind of danger.

I sighed, frustrated, and began pacing the fence, trying to see what was going on in the facility. To me, it just seemed chaotic. I could hear the screams from the fence line, see the blurs of people as they tried to run away from the walkers chasing them.

Then, as I was walking, I stumbled over something on the ground, almost falling over. I grabbed the fence to steady myself, and looked down to see what had tripped me.

It was hard to tell, but it looked like someone had half-buried a bag beneath the ground's surface. Curious, I carefully set Judith down against the fence, and dug up the bag. Once I had it up on the ground, I unzipped it, and was pleasantly surprised with the things I found inside.

The first thing I saw in the bag was a sniper rifle.

Smiling slightly, I pulled it out, and immediately propped it against the fence. I looked into the sights, and zoomed in as far as it would allow.

It gave me a clear view of what was going on down at the brick building, and I began shooting carefully at any people I saw emerging from the place. On the property, I also saw that there were train cars, but emerging from them were people who looked downright terrible. The sinister thought occurred to me that that was where the Terminus people kept their next meals. Those people were just waiting to be killed, to be eaten.

Out of common courtesy, I left them alone, and even helped take out some walkers for them so they could escape.

"Sidney!"

I jumped at the call of my name, and spun around quickly. I couldn't fight back the grin that formed on my lips when I saw both Alex and Lea standing behind me, unharmed and okay.

I breathed a sigh of relief, and jumped up, running over to them. I threw my arms around Lea, and she did the same with me. When we broke apart, I looked up to her and smiled. "How's that hangover treatin' you?"

She groaned. "Don't start," she said playfully.

I laughed quietly, then shifted over and hugged Alex out of pure relief. True to his personality, he tensed for a moment, and then tentatively laid his hands on my shoulder blades.

I released him quickly, and saw that he was smiling shyly at me. He gave me a nod before clearing his throat, and looking over at Terminus. "What happened to it? Do you know?"