108: Epilogue

________

I quietly shut the cover of my journal, and allow myself to look into the eyes of the man before me. The steel cell bars separate us, but it doesn't feel like much at all. His menacing glare still sends shudders through my spine.

"Well, that is a fantastic story you have there, Little Dixon, but I gotta ask... why in the hell have you been coming down here, every day, for God knows how long, just to read your diary to me?"

A small smirk crosses my face, and I bite back the urge to scoff. Silently, I stand up from the metal chair I had been sitting on, letting my journal hang loose at my side. I grab the chair with my free hand, and drag it against the floor to the back wall, a loud scraping sound emitting throughout the cell.

I drop the chair against the wall, and turn to face the door, a small smile still present on my face. I take two steps towards the exit, standing just in front of it, before turning back around, and facing the man in the cell one final time.

I press my hand against the doorframe, my smile growing in the slightest.

"... Because we won, Negan," I start, bringing my journal and clutching it to my chest. "And not just because you're there, and I'm out here. All of this-..." I pat the cover of my journal, "-.. is why we won."

The once-dictator stares at me menacingly, his eyes narrowed with disdain. "You're telling me you were reading your entire life story to me, just to brag?" he questions, an angry tone in his voice.

I laugh silently, and shake my head. "No," I answer, putting my hand on the door and readying myself to leave.

"... I did it so I could move on."

And with that, I open the door to a new, fresh world, and leave the traumas of the past far behind me.

{108 chapters later, this book comes to an end! 😭😭 But don't worry everyone, because the story of Sidney Dixon is far from over... keep your eyes peeled 😉
Love you all! ❤️}