99: Not The Plan

"Daryl and I got in a fight. He didn't like the plan, he wants to kill them all."

"So, what, you think he did this?"

"It's a Hell of a guess."

As we paced up to the Sanctuary, the trash people not far behind, I was horrified to see not a single walker roaming the premises. When we had left, the place was in shambles, with each exit blocked by hordes of the dead. Why Dad thought ramming a truck into the fence was a good idea was I had no clue, but one thing I knew for sure; the original plan was ruined.

Suddenly, gunfire rang out around us, and Rick, Lea and I immediately ducked for cover. We hid behind a few nearby, concrete walls, getting our guns ready to fire. I turned around to see if the trash people had taken cover as well, only to find that they had all immediately fled the scene.

Assholes.

At Rick's signal, I was about to make a run for it, but the sound of screeching tires stopped me dead in my tracks. I looked over to see a grey GMC, and in the front seats were none other than Carol and Jerry themselves.

Without hesitation, Rick, Lea, and I flung ourselves into the backseat, and Carol stepped on it.

"What the Hell are you two doing here?" she asked Lea and I, and I bit my lip.

"They we're looking out for me," Rick answered without hesitation. "The walkers got out, we have to go back and warn everyone."

"We'll take the cars from the East lookout and split up," Carol nodded, sounding more confident than all of us combined.

"We might have to look for other rides, dudes," Jerry warned. "The snipers probably used those cars to get away."

Rick grimaced, and I could feel the frustration radiating off him. He wanted desperately to win the war, like all of us did, but I think he knew, more than some others, that teamwork was the only way we could win.

"I don't think they got away.." Rick finished, and was completely silent after that.

Although, it wasn't like he would've had time to speak anyway, because no more than a second later, the unmistakable sound of screeching metal was heard, and everything instantly faded to black.

When I was finally able to sense my surroundings again, I realized, slightly panicked, that I couldn't breathe. A cloth was tied tightly around my mouth, and wherever I was was completely dark. My head pounded with pain, and I blindly swept my legs across the surface of what I was sitting on, hoping to find that I wasn't alone.