Chapter 7

[Sorry for not uploading... I was really busy... Guys my last chapter really just had one comment... Like I don't know what you guys think of the story... If you like it or not... Like please comment... By the 30 votes, there will be a new chapter.]

I tried opening my eyes but they were far too heavy. Almost like there were stones on my eyelids. I heard Alec's voice and my father's voice talking. I grunted and heard a high pitched tone.

"Ella?" I heard my father ask. If I wasn't going insane I would say that he sounded worried. I clenched my eyes closed and opened them. The brightness made it harder for me to see Alec and my father but after a while, it became better.

Alec smiled and squeezed my hand softly when I looked at him. I could see that he hadn't slept. The dark circles underneath his eyes proved it to me. When I looked at my father I could see his dark circles slightly. He had covered them with makeup. He almost fooled me...

"How long have I been gone and what happened?" I asked confused when I tried to sit. Alec stopped me and shook his head.

"I think you should lay down, Ella." He said and I sighed but listened to him. I remained to lay down and looked at the both of them to answer me. My father sat down on the corner of the bed and looked at me.

"You have been gone for three days... The darkness attacked us..." He said and all the memories came back in a flash. My mother being kidnapped. Being portalled to my father and then being attacked by the ones who kidnapped my mother. Worry and fear overwhelmed me and I started sitting up.

"Don't worry... I have put protection wards all over my apartment. No one can come in than just you or Alec." He said and I felt like I could breathe again. I nodded and saw that the sun was just rising up... It was early in the morning.

"Why are you guys not asleep? It is too early." I said as I looked at the both of them. I felt even stupid for asking because I knew anyway what their answer would be.

"We had to make sure you were okay." Alec said and I gave him a small smile. I looked over at my father but he said nothing. I sighed and looked away from him. I guess I was already losing hope that he would finally see me as his daughter.

"Do you want something?" Alec asked. I could hear from his voice that he was truly concerned about my health and wellbeing but looking at my actual father, he did not really care. God, he did not even ask me how I was. He just told me that I was safe here... Why couldn't he just show that he cared for me? Was I so horrible? I nodded.

"I want to go back to the institute." I said and I could see that my father didn't expect me to say this as his eyes widened of surprised. Alec looked me at me in confusion and I just focused my eyes on my hands. I don't want to be a burden to my father. If he didn't care and wanted me to leave I would. I will find my mother on my own... We had been comprising our whole lives without my father. I was sure I could do this one on my own as well.

"What? Are you sure?" Alec asked a bit surprised and I nodded. I could see that my father was disappointed but yet he did not say anything at all or showed any sign of caring. I nodded again to clarify to Alec that I wanted to leave this place. Alec nodded and did not ask for further questions which I was glad about. I didn't want my father to know that I was desperate for his love...

My father stood up and looked at me. He said nothing and left the room. Alec looked at me and sighed.

"You know... Your father went through a lot of stuff... This is not easy for him." He said and I scoffed. I saw regret when he saw that his comment had hurt me.

"So it was easy for me? I asked offended and Alec shook his head. I sighed and stood up. I saw the whole room spinning around and before I could fall down, Alec quickly held me.

"Your father thought that you died... So no it is not easy for him too." Alec whispered and shock overwhelmed me. What does he mean with that? Why doesn't he tell me this? I sighed and looked down. My life was a complete mess...

"I think you should talk to him." Alec said after a while. I sighed and nodded... With difficulty, I stood up and followed my father back in the living room. The sun was shining right through the whole apartment and I could hear the birds singing. I walked towards my father and when he saw me, he stood up.

"I want to talk to you." I said when I gathered my courage to speak to him. My father still did not say anything... He just nodded.

"Why don't you care? What have I done to you?" I asked and I held every nerve inside me back, so I wouldn't start to cry.

"Ella, this is not about caring or not. It is hard because I don't know what to believe anymore." My father said and I shook my head. I was getting angrier and more upset with him. He was truly not denying the fact that I was his daughter. I needed him more than anything but instead of doing that, he left me all alone.

"Stop it! Stop this nonsense, father!" I shouted angry. My father went quiet and stared at me. I breathed out and held the chair to balance myself. I was still in a lot of pain... I could feel my joints hurting...

"I always denied all these years that I missed you and when I finally met you, I felt like the black hole in my heart was filled." I said and I could hear my voice cracking.

"I was so alone without you... You never even tried searching for us and when we finally met, you just was the opposite of what I expected. You never tried talking to me or apologize or tell me that you loved me. I waited for you for years... But you didn't come... And now that I am eighteen, you are here and I wished I had never met you." I said and felt the tears streaming down my face.

I looked up at my father and I could tell that my words had affected him. After seeing him these past two days, this was the second emotion I saw after anger. He shook his head and wiped away the wet tears on his cheeks.

"You have hurt me so much, father." I cried and I looked down. I missed my mother so utterly much. I was still confused about what was going on here with me and not having my father with me, made me feel alone. So utterly alone...

"Ella... When I thought you and your mother died, I had lost myself... I never even had a chance to hold you... I was confused and broken... I tried searching for the both of you but when I saw your burned clothes you were wearing as a baby, I had lost hope... I really believed you were dead..." My father said while he was sobbing. I saw his hands shaking and he came a bit closer to me.

"That's why I did not believe you... I closed that part of myself and thinking of it kills me. It kills me that I couldn't do anything to help you both or be there for you when you needed me..." He said and he held my hand. I looked at him and my heart stopped when I saw his eyes turning into golden cat eyes. Our hands were lightning and I could see my reflection in the mirror. I had the same eyes as his...

Our hands were turning blue and I loved the energy I felt. I felt powerful, at peace and finally bonded with my father. I smiled throughout my tears and looked at him.

"You are my daughter and I promise you. From now on. You will never be alone." He said and he pulled me into a hug. I smiled and could feel the tears burning in my eyes out of happiness.

"Are you guys finally okay?" I heard Alec ask. I turned myself around and ran towards him. I hugged him as tight as I could. Alec became a father at first... One I never feel I needed to have.

"Thank you so much." I thanked him and I could feel him smile. He wrapped around his big arms on me. I owed him so much.

"You are welcome, little one." He said and I rolled my eyes at the nickname he decided to give me. I was just lucky he did not saw me rolling my eyes.

I was just happy... So happy that things were finally a bit better. My father was acting like my father and with his help, we could find mum.

"We need to find mum." I said when I pulled out of the hug and looked at my father. I never knew what happened but I knew my father would do anything to find her. He nodded and gave him a small smile which he returned.

"We will but we have to train you first. As a Warlock and as a Shadowhunter." He said. I had no idea what that meant but I knew I had to put the effort in this, otherwise, it would be impossible for me to help or find my mother. I nodded. I was ready to fight these people. I was ready to get my mother back.

[What do you guys think of Ella? Please do comment and vote...]