Chapter 23

Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask if you could please continue voting for each chapter... They have been decreasing drastically...
________________________________

I took a deep breath before leaving Samuel's room. I walked outside to the hallway and saw some shadow hunters walking by just like usual.

You would think that being a part of the Shadow world would be interesting but honestly, it could be so boring. At least for me, it was. My father didn't really let me out on a mission because he was afraid that something might happen.

I didn't even blame him for it, considering what happened last time. A demon they couldn't really kill was there... No one had an idea what kind of a demon it was which was actually terrifying.

I walked towards my room and when I finally reached, I let myself fall onto my bed. I closed my eyes and let myself calm down. Today was a stressful day and I had no idea how to think about anything.

Michael was a criminal and the clave had been searching for him for years. How did my mother find him and the clave didn't? It just proved more to me that she kept a lot of secrets and she was smart enough to cover her tracks.

I heard someone knock on the door.

"The door is open." I said and then saw the door opening slowly. I saw both my fathers walking inside.

"Hey." I said with a smile on my face.

"Hey." both of them said in the core. Alec closed the door when my father sat down next to me on my bed.

"How are you doing?" He asked and I let myself lean on his shoulder.

"Good and you?" I asked and he smiled.

"Stupid question. You are obviously too happy." I said and Alec laughed.

"Indeed I am." My father said as he looked towards Alec. The love they shared together was beyond the love that was described in books or songs.

They were over the heels for each other and it made me question whether I would ever find someone that would love me as my fathers did.

"What are you thinking about?" Alec asked me as he sat down at my other side of the bed. I just smiled and shook my head.

I don't think it was appropriate to tell them what I was thinking. They were always overly concerned about me and if I would tell them about this they would literally go insane.

"Nothing." I said softly and Alec looked at me thoroughly.

"You are lying." He stated and I closed my eyes, thinking that I would hide myself but in reality I couldn't really.

"I euhm..." I mumbled and looked at my hands.

"I was just wondering whether I would find someone who would love as much as you guys do for each other." I said softly and embarrassed.

Somehow I felt like both my fathers were just laughing or smirking or they were literally cringing right now. I have no idea...

"I am sure you will but you shouldn't be thinking about it now." My father said and I saw Alec looking at him.

"Ella." Alec said softly and I faced myself towards him. My back was facing my father and I was awkwardly silent.

"You are a beautiful and strong girl. Not to forget you are caring, loving and sure as hell selfless." Alec said and I saw him looking at my father - and then back at me again.

"What your father is trying to say is that you are young now and love may not be found this easily at this age." Alec said carefully as he thought that he would hurt me with his words.

I sighed and I nodded.

"But it doesn't mean that you won't find your love. At the right time, you will." He said and I smiled.

"But now for your poor old fathers, please don't think about it yet." Alec said and I laughed softly.

"I am not old." My father protested against Alec.  Alec rolled his eyes and just nodded.

"You know he is." Alec whispered softly and I laughed now a bit louder.

"Ella." My father said. Now I sat down in the middle and looked at my father. Alec held my hand which I didn't understand why.

"Yes?" I asked and I felt fear overflowing me. The whole atmosphere changed. My father looked me closely in my eyes.

"Alec and I thought a lot about it. We really wanted a child." He said and I nodded. My heart started to race. What if they didn't want me anymore? I wasn't just a child anymore. I was a grown woman.

"I-I..." I stuttered and my father quickly shook his head.

"No. God no. We are not replacing you or anything like that." My father said quickly and I sighed out of relief.

I should have known they wouldn't... Maybe the fear of rejection and not fitting in was still deep inside of me. The school did have a horrible impact on me. I hated it. I hated to be there.

"Alec and I wanted to adopt a child. A baby or at least a toddler." My father said and I nodded. I understand where they were coming from. As I said already, I wasn't young...

"Now that you are a part of our family we wanted to ask if you were okay with this. If you are not it is totally fine." Alec said and I smiled.

"Seriously? I always wanted a brother or sister." I said with a smile and I saw how both of them instantly smiled.

"Are you really okay with it? We don't want to make you feel that we don't love you." My father said and I shook my head.

"I know that you love me. I know both of you do and yes I am okay with it. I am okay with having a small sibling." I said.

Alec gave me a hug and then my father held onto me too. Soon there would be a small one to join the family and to be honest that would probably make my days.