Chapter 21

HEEELLOOO! I hope all of you are having a good day lovelies! Paralyzed is so close to 9k readers... WoW WHAAT!

________________________________________________________________________________

When I saw my fathers walking in hand in hand with massive smiles on their faces, I quickly stood up. I smiled, looking at them and I knew whatever that person was, my fathers were engaged.

When they looked at us their smiles faded away, my father walked quickly towards me, desperately trying to reach me to become my shield.

"What's going on?" He asked a bit harshly, holding onto me. I knew he wasn't talking to me. He was looking at my uncles and aunts. Alec looked at me in concern and I just shrugged.

I felt terrible because they had a nice date and now because of this again, fear raced into their veins. This was all because of me... I felt guilty.

"There is someone who might know where Angela is." Uncle Jace spoke out. I felt my father's arm tighten around me as if he felt that it would protect me better.

"And there was a demon in here." Aunt Izzy said and I saw Alec's eyes widen. I knew it was out of shock but there was some sort of fury in there too.

"What?" He asked angrily. Aunt Clary was oddly quiet. Sometimes I thought that she was afraid of Alec but I couldn't see why.

"Chris took care of it and Ella and Samuel." Aunt Izzy said and I saw my father looking at me.

"What? Are you okay, Ella?" My father asked. I faced him and just nodded.

"You guys are engaged." I said and looked at the ring on his finger. I heard everyone going quiet and I was glad that the attention was once on them.

I felt like since I have been in their life, everything has been a roller coaster. I just felt like they had committed their lives to protect me or make sure that I was okay but they forgot about their happiness. That's what I wanted.

"What? Alec?, Magnus? Why I haven't you guys told us anything?" I heard uncle Jace say.

"We got engaged and yes but this is not what we should be discussing now. Where is that person?" My father asked. I saw Alec's face looking down, somehow a bit disappointed.... Maybe I should have shut my mouth.

"Euhm, he is downstairs in the cells." Uncle Jace said softly. My father walked together with all of us downstairs. My heart sank when I saw Michael sitting there.

"Michael!" I shouted and ran towards him. The glass between his cell and where I stood, stopped us from touching each other. I frowned. What had he to do with my mother's disappearance?

"Ella, how do you know him?" My father asked and he pulled me away from where Michael's cell was. Confused, I looked at my father.

"He is not a bad man. Why did you lock him up?" I asked confused but now I looked at my uncle Jace.

"He used to be in the circle." He said and I laughed.

"What the hell is the circle?" I asked annoyed. I knew Michael whole my life. He wouldn't hurt a fly... I knew he wouldn't or was I wrong about him too as I was about my mother?

"It was a group that wanted to kill all downworlders and make new shadowhunters." Aunt Clary spoke out. She looked at me with her green eyes. They were a bit glassy as if she was about to cry.

"Their leader was Valentine Morgenstern. He was my father." She said and shock overwhelmed me. Why would Michael be a part of something like that?

I turned myself around to look at my father and then at Michael.

"Dad, he helped mum. He has a cafe... I... Mum... We always used to be there... Together. He didn't do anything bad. I know he wouldn't hurt mum." I said and my father sighed.

"Dad?" I heard Michael asked confused.

"Magnus Bane..." He said when he looked over at my father. I saw the hatred in my father's eyes for him. I don't know what Michael had done but it looked like my father was even a centimetre close to forgive him.

"Don't call out my name, Trueblood." My father said through out his teeth. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were full of anger.

I looked at my father and then at Michael. I kept on doing this a couple of times. I don't know what to say or even if I can say something. There was so much more going on here... There was something about all of this.

"I have never hurt Angela. She came to me when Ella was just an infant." Michael said and now I looked at him.

"Liar. When Valentine was killed alongside with Pangborn and Blackwell, you ran away. Why would she turn to a criminal?" My father asked out of anger. Michael sighed and looked over at him.

"Because she needed me to hide her as I hid myself from the clave." Michael said and I looked at him in confusion.

"I knew that Faith was not an usual baby as the others and Angela feared that the clave might do something to her." He said and my father looked at him but didn't say anything.

"Why did she fear the clave?" Alec asked as he came a bit forward to face Michael. I blinked a few times and looked down. Why was my mother scared?

"The same reason Magnus fears the clave." Michael said and my father immediately looked at me.

"The clave killed half breeds, trying to keep the shadowhunter family line pure... If they would know about Ella, she would be dead." Michael said and I gasped out of shock...

I didn't knew it was this serious... I told... Samuel... He knew about me...

"I won't let anything happen to you. Don't worry." My father said quickly.

"I helped Angela hiding together with Ella. No one ever knew until some people from the darkness had attacked her and that's when Ella went missing." Michael said.

"I looked for you for months until I heard rumours that Magnus Bane was reunited with his lost child..." He said softly...

I looked at him and I was confused because I had no idea what I had to say. To anyone. All that was on my mind was fear. What if Samuel would tell anyone about me?