Chapter 39

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone is doing okay! Keep yourself safe! Please make sure to comment on this chapter. I would love to see your reactions!
________________________________

I groaned when I again woke up in the middle of the night. This was already the fourth time in a row of waking up in between of my sleep. Each time I fell asleep, I saw my mother dying all over again without me being able to do something.

I groaned annoyed and stood out of my bed. I walked towards the window and looked outside. It was dark and the light that the moon was reflecting was now shining onto me.

I sighed deeply as I looked at the silent and dark outside. There were no birds flying around and it was so quiet as if death was present here himself. I moved away from the window and exhaled sharply. I walked towards the door.

Was Chris okay? I hurt him and I didn't even try checking on him. I opened my room door and walked towards his room but before knocking on the door, I stopped. Was he even awake? It was too late in the night. What if he would be annoyed that I was here?

I sighed and turned myself around. It wasn't a good time. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. When I opened my eyes, I saw Chris walking towards his room. My eyes widened and it was already too late for me to walk away without him being able to see me.

His eyes were already surprised looking at me. He lifted one of his eyebrows up and confused looked at me as he came a bit closer.

"Ella?" He asked and looked at his room door before looking at me again. His sky blue eyes were piercing into mine and god, I felt like I would drown in them. It took my breath away by just looking at them.

"Are you okay?" He asked when I didn't reply. He reached out his hand to my shoulder and touched me softly. I flinched a bit which made Chris even more confused than he already was.

Quickly, he moved his hand away from my shoulder and just looked at me. I exhaled sharply and wasn't sure what I was suppose to say to him right now. What was I suppose to say anyway? I came to your room because I couldn't sleep. We shared one kiss... This would have been already too much for him to handle.

He didn't look like the type of boys that would get emotionally attached to a girl... Especially not when they have already lost their first love.

"I..." I said softly but couldn't find any other words to explain to him how I was feeling and why I had came here. I looked up now to face him and his soft look made me feel a bit more at rest.

"Ella, you can always talk to me. You know that right... if it is about earlier..." He said as he trailed off. He took a hold of my hand, squeezing it slightly. I looked down to our hands and again looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"It doesn't matter to me. I will be here. I always will be here." Chris said as he looked into my eyes. I smiled softly and walked closer as I gave him a tight hug.

I guess that I took him by surprise. I could feel his arms slowly touching my back, pushing me further towards his body. I sighed and rested my head onto his shoulder. I closed my eyes and instantly felt sleepy.

Was this what I needed right now? Did I needed him? I opened my eyes as I pulled out of the hug and looked at him. I smiled weakly at him which he returned with a small smile.

"I couldn't sleep... I kept on having nightmares... I just..." I said softly and Chris opened the room of his door as he pulled me inside.

"You can sleep here... with me. If you want." He said and I could see that he was afraid that he was a bit too straight forward about it. I nodded my head as I looked at him.

"I euhm would love that." I said and Chris instantly smiled. He took out another blanket from his closet and walked towards the couch.

"W-What are you doing?" I stammered confused. Chris immediately looked at me and looked a bit clueless. His confused puppy eyes looked so adorable right now. It made my heart literally melt.

"I can't let you sleep on the couch so..." He said softly and I smiled by his kind and soft gesture. I didn't think he would have done that.

"If it is not a problem, could we just both sleep together in the bed?" I asked and I saw his eyes widen slightly by surprise.

"I mean just sleep. Not you know..." I said softly and Chris chuckled slightly as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah sure." He said and walked towards his bed. He sat down and so did I carefully as if I was afraid that I would embarrass myself if I sat down too quickly. He looked at me with this look in his eyes that I couldn't explain.

It made me feel like... like he was longing for something or was I misinterpreting all of this... Or was this how I felt? For a few minutes, Chris and I just stared in each other's eyes without really saying something.

"Ella, don't move." He said out of the sudden. I widened my eyes and quickly froze. I didn't know what was going on but I did as he said.

"There is a very powerful something on your hair." He said and he reached his hands out to my hair. I quickly grabbed his hand and slapped it away.

"If it is powerful, is it smart to touch it with your bare hands?" I asked confused and concerned. Chris nodded.

"This particular... let's say demon. Only affects women." Chris said and his eyes were focused on the so called demon. I closed my eyes as I could feel my heart beating faster.

"What kind of nonsense is that?" I asked annoyed.

"This kind of nonsense." He said and I opened my eyes. He was holding a spider by one of it's leg right in front of me. I screamed and quickly moved back which almost caused me to fall out of his bed. He quickly reached is other hand to my arm and pulled me back.

"This is a spider demon." He said and I groaned annoyed as I pushed him away. Chris laughed as he stood up and put the spider outside. When he turned around, I looked at him angry.

"It wasn't funny." I said annoyed. "You really terrified me."

"I would have terrified you even more if I said that there was a spider on your hair." He said and sat down on his bed again. I shook my head, disagreeing with him.

"No?" He asked and I looked away from him as I sighed.

"That's what I thought." He said with a smile. When I looked at him, I started to smile which made me laugh. Chris lovingly looked at me and joined laughing together with me.

The room was filled with our joyfully laughter. I couldn't believe that a cold hearted warrior and a broken warrior were both happily laughing together in the middle of the night...