Chapter 24

I wanted to thank all of you. I mean we hit 10k readers on Paralyzed. When I came with this idea, I never thought that people would even read it but I am glad I did and I am glad that all of you like it. All of your positive comments and feedback means a lot to me. Thank you so much!
________________________________

A few days went past since Michael was imprisoned by the clave and my father's engagement. I was still training a lot with Alec but now I started to control my magic. I was learning the importance of my warlock side.

I haven't met Alexis and Charlotte. The twin cousins of Chris and Samuel. Apparently they were almost like a goddess. Most of the time when I was free they were either out for a mission or they were in a family meeting also classified as a family dinner.

I hadn't seen Samuel for a long time and neither did I see Chris which I was actually happy about. I missed Samuel. He was my only friend here and to be honest, he knew me thorough. He knew I was a half breed but he still kept it a secret so he could keep me safe.

He was honestly adorable...

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Alec ask. I looked up and smiled. I shook my head.

"It is nothing important." I said. Samuel was important to me but speaking about guys to my fathers wasn't a good thing. Especially not to Alec. He grew too overprotective over me.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded. My father was back in his apartment, just to attend some clients. It was his job just as it was Alec's job to go on missions. I wondered if they would be paid money for this. Was there like a special way to get paid?

"Alec, would I ever get my rune ceremony?" I asked out of the sudden. It wasn't really on my mind but would I even be counted as a Shadowhunter if I didn't have my angelic rune? Alec looked up and smiled.

"You will. You are in training and you are doing amazing. I don't see a reason for you not to get an angelic rune." He said and I smiled. I heard someone knocking on the door and when Alec told the person to walk in I saw Samuel.

I smiled immediately and so did he. I actually missed him so much. It felt like we were living in two different worlds for a few days and to be honest, it felt like hell.

"Hello Sir Lightwood and hello Ella." He greeted us and I laughed softly. Alec nodded and let him come inside.

"Sir, I wanted to ask whether it was okay if she could come with a mission with me." Samuel asked and I saw Alec looking at him thoroughly. Last time he let me go with Samuel, it didn't ended out good.

"What kind of a mission is this?" Alec asked. Samuel looked at him without any emotions in his eyes or facial expressions. It felt like he wasn't even scared but I knew deep inside in his heart, he was terrified.

"A demon has been attacking mundanes. Chris, Charlotte, Alexis and I were going in to find the demon or any clues that would lead us to the demon." Samuel said formally. Alec frowned and remained staring at him.

If I was in Samuel's position I would have been so uncomfortable but then again, I guess he was trained for this. They had a massive amount of training during the week. It was honestly crazy.

"From the sounds of it, you are going with a lot of shadowhunters. What is the need of Ella?" Alec asked suspiciously. Now I saw Samuel looking at me. I knew that he was nervous now because he had no idea what to say or come up with so Alec would allow me to go with him.

"Yes sir but I thought it would be a good experience for Ella." Samuel said and Alec lifted one of his eyebrows up.

"Like the last time?" Alec asked and Samuel looked uncomfortably down.

"Sir, I am sorry what happened last time but this time, I will give you my word. I won't let anything happen to Ella." He said.

"I can protect myself. I have had training, dad." I said and Alec looked at me now.

"I was just kidding with Samuel. Don't worry go but be safe." Alec said and I smiled. I hugged Alec and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"See you later, dad." I said before I left his office. When I was in front of Samuel, he pulled me in a hug.

"I missed you." He said and I smiled.

"I missed you too." I replied as I put my hands around his back. When he pulled out of the hug, we walked towards the weapon room. I saw Chris with two girls who looked identically like each other. I guess that was Alexis and Charlotte.

"Oh so you are the girl, my little cousin Samuel can't shut up about." Said one of the girls.

"Alexis." Samuel said annoyed. Alexis walked towards me and gave me a hug.

"I am Alexis." She said and I smiled.

"Ella." I replied. Alexis had crystal blue eyes and dark brown hair. She was honestly so beautiful. Her skin was a bit shiny but to be honest, it made her look more beautiful than she already was.

"I am Charlotte." Said the other girl who now appeared at the side of Alexis. When they stood together, I felt like I was seeing double for a second but when I looked at them thoroughly you could see the difference between them

Alexis had bigger eyes and it was crystal blue. Charlotte however had a bit smaller eyes with a bit of dark blue eyes. Anything other, looked completely similar.

"I am Ella." I said again.

"I know." Charlotte replied. She rolled her eyes and moved away from me. I guess she took after Chris. Equal as disrespectful and full of pride.

"Ignore her. She had a bad day." Alexis said and I just smiled.

I took a few blades and put in my pockets alongside that I also took a seraph blade.

"Is this your first mission?" Alexis asked and I shook my head.

"It is my second but I have had a lot of experience outside of these walls of the institute." I replied with a smile. Alexis nodded as she smiled.

"You mean a lot of experience with getting saved by others." Chris said and I looked at him annoyed.

"Who was again trapped by the demon and who came back to save your ass? Oh yea me and Samuel." I said annoyed. Alexis laughed.

"I love her." She said and Samuel smiled.

"I told you, you would. She is literally the only person who can make Chris shut his mouth for a few seconds." Samuel said and then received dead looks from his older brother.

I guess they were my little group... Even though Chris and possibly Charlotte would work on my nerves.