Chapter 25

Happy new year to all of you! I am so sorry that it took me such a long time to upload again... I hope all of you had an amazing Christmas and a happy new year❤️ also I wanted to thank you for the almost 13k! It means a lot... really 😭❤️
________________________________

We were already on the streets looking around for any clues but honestly until now, we haven't found anything. I was walking side by side with Alexis, who kept on looking around her for anything.

"I have never met someone who could shut my cousin up." Alexis said and I could hear the slight amusement in her voice. I smiled and just looked at her.

"I guess it was time." I said with a chuckle and Alexis started laughing softly. The cold air was everywhere but somehow in these tight and exposed clothes, I didn't feel cold at all.

"It was for Chris." She said and I looked at her. I could see that her smile was fading away which I did not understand at all.

"What do you mean?" I asked and Alexis sighed.

"Chris used to be together with a girl. A girl he like a lot. I would say they would have gotten married if the tragedy didn't happen." Alexis said and now I was listening more closely.

"They went on a mission together where unusual demons were attacking. No one had informed the other institutes and by that it cost Erica her life." She said and I heard the sadness in her voice.

"Chris escaped but barely alive. His parents had to bring him to the silent brothers to heal him. It took him more than half a year to get better." She said and now I looked at Chris who was further away from us.

He was together with Charlotte, who was tracking something. They probably find something. Something that would lead us towards the demon.

"Since then, Chris has always been like this. Moody. He was like that before as well but he had happiness. He had a smile and right now, I feel like I look at a person with no human emotion at all." Alexis said and I looked down.

"Now it is more understandable why he is the way he is." I said and everything made sense to me now. He never wanted me to go with them on missions and even when we did. He was protective. In his way...

"Chris is not a bad person. Bad things just happened to him which caused him to be like this..." Alexis said and she sighed.

"I understand." I said softly and I looked at Chris again. He was an angel with a broken halo. It even pained me to think about it. I understood his pain... I understood it...

"I think you and him are meant for each other." Alexis said out of the sudden which caught me by surprise.

"What?" I asked shocked. I wouldn't ever think fo him and me like that. Chris hates me and I kind of can't stand him. We were not a good couple.

"I know it's too soon but... I see it. The way he gets annoyed when you are here." She said and I laughed softly.

"That could mean that he doesn't like me." I said and Alexis shook her head.

"I know my cousin. He is starting to care for you and he might not realise it now but he is and he will do everything in his power to diminish that feeling." She said and I kind of started to see what sort of person Chris was.

"I don't know what to say." I said and I meant it. I had no words for whatever Alexis was telling me now. It was even harder to imagine it. Me and him? Was it really?

"You don't have to say anything. I will understand but there is something between you guys." She said and I now looked at Chris. I gasped when he looked at me and I quickly looked away. Why was I even shocked?