Chapter 30

I hope that everyone is well! I have been uploading quite often! But I do hope that this quarantine will end soon because I am so bored....
_________________________________

"I won't let you do that." Alec said and I scoffed out of disbelief.

"But you will let my mother die for me?" I asked out of disbelief. I started to get mad at him. How could they think that I would let my mother sacrifice for my safety. They knew me better than that...

"No, we won't let anything happen to her." Alec said quickly as he walked over to me. I think he could see that I was getting upset. How could I not? My mother's life was literally at stake... I could lose her today. Just like I did in my dreams. 

"What is the plan?" I heard Chris ask from behind me. I totally forgot that they were still in the room. Alec looked over at Chris and sighed.

"We know that it is a risk but we need to go where they have told us to meet them." Alec said and I shook my head.

"That is literally walking into a trap, dad. It will go wrong." I said. Alec looked at me and he nodded.

"But that's all we have right now... We don't know how to track them." Alec said and I looked over to my father who gave me a reassuring smile.

"We will all go. Together with our best trained shadowhunters. Angela is family to us. We won't let her down." Alec said as he looked at me. I looked at him and gave him a weak smile.

I think at this point that everyone was terrified about what could happen. My fathers, the rest and I. We knew that it was a high risk of us walking into this trap but it is the only thing we had. The only thing we had to save my mother because if we didn't take it, they will kill her...

"Chris and the rest will go with you. Where you are suppose to meet them which is nearby the wander woods in Idris." Alec said as he looked at me and then the rest.

"They are in Idris?" I asked confused. I knew that Idris was a magical city for the shadowhunters but I never knew that she was this close by.... Alec nodded to my answer.

"We will follow you and there are already shadowhunters waiting around the perimeter of the wander woods. So we got back up." Alec said and I nodded. I was afraid but I knew I had to do this. The thing that made me the most afraid was that I was truly clueless. I had no idea what was waiting for me. 

"Let's go..." I said softly. All of us left one by one and when I tried to leave, Alec held my hand.

"Ella, we won't let anyone hurt you or your mother." Alec said and he pulled me into a hug. My father came closer towards us and gave a hug to both of us. I knew that he was the most terrified out of all of us.

He thought that he had lost us years ago and now only to repeat the risk of it again. I looked at my father and gave him a kiss on his cheek and so I did with Alec too.

"Please be careful. I don't want to lose either of you. It will destroy me." I said as I looked at both of them. Alec and my father both weakly smiled at me. I know that they would do anything to protect me or my mother but I didn't wanted them to risk their own lives... 

"We will." My father said softly as he held onto me again. Alec looked at my father and for some reason I felt like I was saying goodbye to them. I couldn't help but to feel this negative feeling in my stomach. It literally made me feel sick.

"I will see you guys later." I said as I left Alec's office. I walked over to the weapon room and I saw everyone waiting for me. All I could see in their eyes was remorse and sorry. I sighed and walked over to the blades to stick some in my boots and took a seraph blade with me.

"Ella." I heard Alexis say. I looked up to her. 

"We will do this together. You are now a part of us." Alexis said and I smiled softly. She hugged me softly and I exhaled. 

"Let's go." I said and we walked towards the portal. I saw my father waiting for me. I gave him a small smile once again. He mouthed I love you too me and so did I. Together with the rest I walked through the portal.

In a rush, we were standing on the green field. I was bewildered. Idris was truly magnificent. There were mountains, a huge lake and as I thought the wander woods. In the distance, I could see something that was almost like a huge castle. I think that's where the clave has their meetings with other shadowhunters. 

"It is beautiful isn't?" I heard Samuel ask and I nodded. It was truly so beautiful. I could imagine living here in the future. It is so much better than any picture I have seen of a historical beautiful place.

"It is." I said truly baffled. It was if I was standing in a kingdom and I probably was. The kingdom of Shadowhunters.

"Alec said we should go this way. They were going to meet us halfway through the wander woods." Chris said. I looked at him and just nodded. He hasn't said a word to me about yesterday or even today. It was just a mission for him... 

We walked into the wander woods and each time we got closer to the place we should meet, I got this weird feeling in my stomach. I know that I was afraid but I was nervous. I didn't know how I would react to seeing my mother again. Would she be proud of how I have adjusted or would she be disappointed?

Chris walked next to me and slowly, touched his fingers to mine. I looked beside me so I could look at him. His eyes were piercing into mine when I looked at him. 

"I am here... Just a centimetre behind you. I won't let you get hurt." He said and I gave him a small smile which he returned. I could see Alexis looking at us with a massive smile on her face. This was what she wanted for him and me... 

When we reached the place we should meet, I saw some figures standing, completely dressed in black. Chris held my hand and pulled me backwards so I would be behind him and he would be in front of me. He held his seraph blade up as he was looking at the people. 

This was them... The people who abducted my mother. 

I could hear someone grunt and when the person came forward, I saw the silky brown hair of my mother's.

"Mum!" I shouted as I came a bit forward but Samuel pulled me back so I wouldn't go to her. Her green eyes met mine and I saw the shock in her eyes. She gasped and shook her head.

"You shouldn't be here..." She said softly as her eyes were filled with tears. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes as I shook my head.

"I love you." I mouthed. She smiled as she looked at me with her red eyes. She looked horrible. She had wounds all over her face and her clothes were still the same of the day when she was abducted. The only difference was that it was ripped and dirty.

"I love you too..." She mouthed as she looked at me.