Chapter 19

[Hello! I am so sorry that I haven't uploaded any chapters... It is because my college started again and it makes it a bit harder to write so I am really sorry... Please make sure to vote and comment because today's chapter will be the cutest of all!]

_

ALEC'S POV

Right before I left Ella in her room, I walked up to the room I shared with Magnus. I looked at myself in the mirror and went with my hand through my hair to fix it. At least that's what everyone does when they think their hair was messy. Ella told me that.

I could tell that I was nervous and I had to get this look away from my face before Magnus would come home because he would know that there was something wrong or that I was up to something. I breathed in and out to calm myself. This was some sort of things that mundanes used to do when they got nervous. Again. Ella told me this.

It was reassuring to know that Ella approved all of this. I knew that it wasn't easy for her to see her father getting married to me but I think she understood that her mother Angela and Magnus were nothing more than just friends. This happened to them... Not that Magnus didn't love Ella.

This past couple of days, I could tell that Magnus grew more love for her. Before Ella even came in his life. All of his attention was on me. It was almost like his whole world was all just around me and it wasn't healthy. Magnus needed more than just me...

He needed his family...

He never loved anyone else as much as he loved me but when Ella came, I could tell that the love he had for me was there for Ella too. Otherwise, he would have never gone against me or tried to blame me for Ella's fall. I knew that he didn't mean it. Even though it had hurt me. I had received clearance that he would probably do anything for Ella and that's what she needs but also Magnus.

Ella was an angel. She was understanding and most of all loving. I could see that some of the characteristics were from Angela and some were from Magnus. The love she gave to others was clearly from her father and the caring nature was from her mother.

When she called me dad, it was some sort of magic exploding inside of me. Like a wave hitting me inside of my heart but with pure love. Magnus and I were thinking about adopting someone but as we have Ella. We don't need a child at this moment...

She was already a full-grown woman and it was going to hurt Magnus and me to see her grow into herself even more. To see her fall in love and to see her broken... I don't know if I was ready for that... She was my daughter... A wish... A miracle... And I was proud to be her father...

I was a proud father...

I still felt really nervous even trying the countless methods of mundanes to relax themselves. I guess that they did not work on Shadowhunters or they just did not work for me. I was after all a person that would stress out for no reason.

"Alec?" I heard Magnus ask and it felt like my breath was taken away. I widened my eyes and quickly checked if the ring was in my pocket. I was luckily still facing Magnus with my back so he couldn't see my shocked or nervous expression.

I turned myself around to face Magnus. The love of my life.

"Hey, darling." I greeted him with a smile and kissed him gently on his lips as he was leaning forward.

"Why are you dressed? Not that I mind. You look amazing." Magnus complimented me and I chuckled softly. My heart warmed and I could feel my cheeks flushing red.

"Thank you but you have to get dressed. We are going somewhere." I said and I could see the confusion on his face. I think all of us needed this. A break. Since Ella came, a lot of things happened. It had affected all of us and we need a source of happiness and relaxation.