Chapter 18

[Hello everyone! I want to thank you first for 7k readers on this story! Honestly, I am utterly speechless of how much of you have actually liked this story because when I was planning it, I wasn't sure if someone would read it as it was mainly about Ella but honestly, thank you so much!I hope that you are having a good day! Make sure to comment in the comments of what you think of the story and also please leave down a vote! It will mean a lot since everything has been going down. ]

_

It has been a few weeks now since Alec had asked me if it would have been okay if he would have proposed to my father. I surely had nothing against it as I knew that both of my fathers were beyond more than in love. Too be honest, they were the first ones I have seen to be in love.

I guess my fathers gave me a good image of how love was supposed to be and it made it even harder for me to realise if I would ever have something like that. People never really liked me and that was mostly because I was different. The people of my school had classified me as weird which I never understood. I guess they could see I wasn't from that world.

I had been recovering from the wound and Alec trained me well for demon fights or on how to use my weapons when I needed them. Also, recently we went to someone rune ceremony and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever experienced. It was as someone was born newly right there and then when they got their angelic rune.

I wished and hoped I could have one to but as I was a half breed, I don't even know if that was possible. I never bothered to ask because at this point no one really knew about me. My father totally despised the clave. Both of my fathers did actually. They were afraid of what they would do if this information would get to them. They were more afraid of what would happen to me if the clave were to know.

I was sitting on the floor, still breathing heavily. My forehead was full of sweat and my back too. I was looking up, right into Alec's eyes. He had a small amusing smile on his face as if he had achieved something.

"You are getting better by every training we do. If your father agrees, we will send you on missions so you have some experience." Alec said and I smiled.

"Experience? I have a lot." I said and Alec helped me up. My legs were still a bit shaky due to the heavy exercises we did. A lot of other shadowhunters were training as well, including Samuel and Chris.

Each time I would succeed attacking Alec, Samuel would clap for me. However, Alec and my father are still not really talking to him. I guess they were blaming him for convincing me to go demon hunting. I tried to tell them that it wasn't his fault but they would just nod and not talk about it anymore.

"You have experience with getting saved or being knocked out." I heard Chris say. He was wearing a t-shirt with no sleeves on them and black jogging pant.

His muscles were now much more visible and they were sweaty too. It made him look more attractive. His hair was wet because of sweat and it was just laying down on his forehead. He had a grin on his face as he was waiting for me to reply back to him.

"That's not true. I did a lot myself." I said and I saw Alec smiling. Chris just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." He said and Samuel laughed softly. I hugged Samuel before walking together with Alec back to my room.

Alec went inside his room and I walked in mine.

We all decided that all of us were going to live at the institute until everything made much more sense. We knew that the institute would have been a safe place for me and a place for me to learn more about the Shadow world. We didn't knew who was after us. The only thing that my mother said was 'The darkness' before she send me off to my father.

I sighed and let my seraph blade down. I finally had a lot more sense with runes and I had them all on me, expect the angelic rune. I was basically a shadowhunter already. I knew how to work with the part of me which was a shadowhunter but it was much harder for me to work with the part that was Warlock.

There were people who are have seelie and shadowhunter but no one has ever seen a person that was half warlock and shadowhunter. Alec taught me that Warlocks were not able to have children. They could surely adopt a child but never have one of their own blood line. So the question was how the hell did I happen? Every time aunt Isabelle tried to look into it, it didn't make sense at all.

I heard someone knock on the door and I turned myself around.

"You can come inside. The door is open." I said without really knowing who was standing there. To my surprise I saw Alec walking in with a rather nervous expression on his face.

"Dad?" I asked a bit surprised. He quickly closed the door behind him before he walked over to me.

"I am going to propose to your father today." He said and took a small box out of his pocket. My heart warmed when I saw Alec's hand shaking a bit. He was clearly nervous and scared that my father wouldn't like it but I knew he would.

My father was so in love with Alec. Everyone who would be around them would be able to tell. Alec really had nothing to worry about. He would say yes, I was sure of it.

"Is the ring a good one? I mean it is not a normal engagement ring. It is my family ring... It has been always passed on to the ones who get married to a Lightwood." Alec said as he showed me the ring.

The ring was really simple. There were patterns on it which were similar to flames and just inside the ring there was 'aku cinta kamu' and to the other side 'Lightwood-Bane'. It was the most simple and most beautiful ring I have ever seen. It was full of meanings even though I did not understand Indonesian, I knew it was something special to them.

"It means I love you." Alec said. I guess he saw me staring at the beautiful carved words.

"It is so beautiful, dad." I said and I felt like I was going to tear up but I decided to save that to the actual wedding.

"Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly and I nodded quickly.

"I am sure dad will like this. He will love it." I said and Alec smiled. He gave me a hug.

"We will be out today but if you need anything your aunts and uncle are here." He said and I nodded.

"I am sure I will be fine and enjoy." I said and Alec smiled. He left my room and I was again alone in my room.

I couldn't wait for my fathers to come back with just utter happiness in their eyes because they deserved it. I hoped that my mother could just witness this... I knew that they were good friends and I missed her...

[I hope you liked this chapter! The next chapter will be out of the point of view of Alec as I know that all of you want to witness or actually read how the Malec's engagement will go! Make sure to comment in the comment what you think of the chapter and also please vote!]