Chapter 17

[Hello everyone! It is my birthday today! 4th of September for the ones that read the chapter later! Comment what your birthday is and also have fun reading this chapter!!!!!!!!]

_

"But one thing." I said and Alec looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked and I tried sitting up. He quickly helped me.

"You should still lay down. Your father will kill me." He joked and I laughed softly.

"He would never." I defended my father.

"Can I sing for the after-party? Like a special song?" I asked and Alec nodded straight away.

"Of course." He replied with enthiusiasm.

"I never knew you could sing." Alec said a bit surprised and I laughed softly.

"I am not that good but it is a way for me to release the pain or stress I have inside of me." I said and Alec just quietly listened to what I was saying.

"And I used to sing a lot. Especially at the cafe in Michael." I said with a smile and of course, it would confuse Alec. He had no idea who he was.

"Who is Michael?" He asked interestedly as if my life was that important.

I guessed that he just wanted to get to know me better or try to understand me better so we hopefully could turn some events normal for my sake.

"He was a good friend of my mother. He always had a crush on her." I said as I giggled. Alec frowned a bit.

"And what about your mother?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I always blamed my father for my mother to not open herself up for a relationship. I thought that he broke her heart but I guess I know why she never started something. The shadow world." I said and Alec nodded.

I felt a bit of pain in my shoulder but I knew that it would possibly take me a long time to recover that but the pain that I felt inside of not knowing how my mother was, was even worse...

I missed her so much and till this day, there was no sign of her. It was just like she wasn't here anymore. It was like she was somewhere where no one could find her... or possibly think that she would be there...

"I don't blame my father for it now." I said after a long silence.

"I know you don't." Alec said with a smile on his face.

"Dad?" I asked and Alec looked at me.

I guess, we both had to get used to this now but I knew it was the right thing to do. He was eventually going to be my step-father.

"I miss her." I said softly and I saw his smile fade away when he saw me getting upset.

"I know you do but we are trying everything to find her... It's just like she has vanished from this world." Alec said and I nodded.

"What if she was killed?" I asked and Alec shook his head.

"Don't think negative or the outcome will be negative. I am sure that your mother is okay." He said.

"She hid from the shadow world for almost eighteen years. So, yes, I am sure that she is adapting to survive." He added.

I smiled weakly at him.

"How was my mother as a young shadowhunter?" I asked. Alec smiled and laughed softly.

"Angela was an awful lot like you. She was fearless and always did what was right which got her in problems with her parents." Alec said. Surprised, I widened my eyes.

"I have grandparents?" I asked a happily and Alec nodded.

"You did... They sadly passed away after Angela went missing... They searched for her for so many years and eventually died..." Alec said softly and I sighed out.

It was too good to be true...

"Who passed away?" I heard my father's voice ask. I saw him walking back with a board full of food. I honestly did not even have an idea what some of it was.

"This is Indonesian food." He said and I was a bit surprised when he said that.

"Did you really travel to Indonesia to get this?" Alec asked as if it was normal.

I knew that my father was a warlock. So he had these amazing powers which could make portals and those portals could bring him anywhere he wanted to go. It would at least save him a lot of money.

"Yes, it was a quick trip. Here you go my loves." He said as he brought the food closer to us. I smiled.

"Dad?" I asked and I saw that both my father and Alec were looking.

"I love you both." I said and both of them smiled.

"We love you too, Ella." They said.