Chapter 12

[Hello everyone! I can't thank you guys enough! This story is literally going so good. So many of you read it and the story is already close to 5k readers! Please do vote and comment because these have been decreasing a lot lately... And stay tuned a new Malec story will be out soon ❤️ ]

_

"Ella..." I heard someone whisper. I turned myself around, trying to look where the voice was coming from.

"Ella..." I heard the same voice whisper again. This time it was much more clear and I knew it was a male voice. I was surrounded by just darkness and I could hear water drops falling onto the ground.

"Ella!" I heard the man scream now. His voice sounded like it was near me and I only had to reach it but everything I did wasn't enough.

"Who are you?" I asked but for a long time did not get any reply back. I walked and everywhere I walked was still dark. It started to give me anxiety and fear was building up inside of me.

"Hello?!" I shouted but again no one replied back.

"RUN!" I heard the same voice scream. I jumped slightly and looked behind me. I saw demons flying after me and I ran as fast as I could. I couldn't catch my breath and for a second I felt like I was going to fall down. I ran and ran in complete darkness, not knowing where I was heading off too.

"Dad!" I screamed, hoping that my father would be here but he didn't reply. My breathing was faster and I could feel the sweat dripping off my forehead. I knew I couldn't do this any longer.

"RUN!" I heard the same voice screaming and I felt a push. I was pushed into something and I feared that I would fall down on the ground but actually fell into the water. I held my breath in and saw my hair flowing next to me. My clothes were coming up and the river or ocean I fell in wasn't that clear.

My longs were longing for air and I knew if I stayed here I would drown. I could see rays of sunlight shining on the water. I tried to swim up but everything that I tried didn't work. I started coughing and felt the water filling my lungs. When I looked down I saw a demon swimming towards me and I tried to swim up but it didn't work. The demon came closer and I screamed but it was a silent scream. I couldn't even hear myself.

I gasped and sat upright. I was breathing heavily and could feel the sweat on my forehead. My whole back was wet because of the sweat and I tried to calm myself. Everything was just a nightmare. It wasn't real. I looked around and recognized my room in the institute. I was back... We were not at tombs. I don't even remember what happened. I looked around searching for my father and Alec but they were nowhere to be found.

I got off my bed and flipped my hair back. It was all a nightmare, I tried telling myself. My hands were still shaking and my legs still felt like they were under the water. I sighed and walked out of my room to find where my father or Alec was. I hated to walk alone here. No one knew me and I had no friends. It was the same thing back in my high school but it was easier there than it was here. I was practically living here.

I walked through the halls of the institute and all I could see was rooms of other Shadowhunters. When I saw Samuel coming out of his room, I quickly turned myself around. The last person I wanted to see was him. The first time we met, I blamed him for taking my mother. I was confused and scared but after that misunderstanding, I was too ashamed to even come face to face with him.

"Ella!" I heard him shout my name. I closed my eyes and stood still. Come on, Ella... I turned myself around to face Samuel who was walking towards me.

"It is a long time since I have seen you." He said and I nodded.

"I was just busy with..." I said, not knowing what I actually could tell him. I looked down and sighed.