Chapter 8

[I am so sorry for not uploading for so long! I really had a busy month and I had to get things done... it is mainly because of college so I really hope you guys don't mind... Thank you for all your lovely messages! I appreciate it❤️]

_

I grunted when I felt abdominal pain at the right side of my stomach. Both Alec and my father looked at me and walked towards me. I grunted again and held my father's arm tightly to balance myself.

"Ella? Where does it hurt?" My father asked me in a hurry. I exhaled sharply and pointed at the right side of my stomach. My father's hand were glowing when he went over my stomach but instead of healing my wound it made it burn. I screamed and pushed my father's hand away from me.

"Stop! Stop! It hurts!" I screamed whilst I cried softly. My father looked at me in confusion and I saw him looking at Alec. I screamed in pain again and tripped, and almost fell down. Alec walked immediately towards me and held me tight.

"I hope my assumption is right." He whispered softly. I looked at him and I could see that he was concerned which made me feel even more scared than I already was.

"Alexander, what are you doing?" I heard my father ask but Alec did not respond back. He took out his stele and started drawing something on my arm. I screamed again as I felt the pain rising for a second. So much that it made me feel like I was about to die.

"ALEXANDER!" I heard my father scream in horror. I could hear from his voice that he was terrified for me. I guess that was not a good sign. I exhaled sharply and felt the burning feeling disappearing. Instead of feeling pain it got replaced with a soft feeling. I could still feel the pain but it was manageable.

"She is half shadowhunter." I heard Alec say and I looked at them. I was again able to stand on my own and let go of Alec and my father. My father looked at me in confusion and I could see that it did not make any sense to him at all. I looked at my arm and could see the freshly rune on my skin. It was still red and it was slightly burning but I liked the feeling of it. It was almost like it was consuming the pain.

"That is the healing rune or also known as the Iratze rune." Alec explained me as he saw me looking at the rune. The power I felt when Alec drew the rune was indescribable. It was almost like I could do anything and for a second I thought of it. I thought of going away and finding my mother.

"But how is that possible? Why did my magic have a negative impact on her?" I heard my father asking confused. Alec shrugged and looked at me again. I looked at my father and than over at Alec. I had no idea what was going on myself but I was well aware than neither my father or Alec knew what was wrong.

"We have to go to the silent brothers or talk with someone from the clave." Alec suggested and my father shook his head right away when he heard about the clave. All I knew was that the clave were the most powerful shadowhunters. Well they practically could have not been strong enough but they had the power over all the shadowhunters.

"I will not bring my daughter to the clave. For what I know they will experiment on her. Alexander, you know that the clave doesn't handle well with outstanders." My father said. The word outstander made me feel like I didn't even belonged in their weird world... I knew I was different than them but a out stander? I looked down and said nothing.

"Magnus, I will let nothing happen to her." Alec said and I smiled softly. I knew that Alec cared and hearing him say those words made me feel secure and loved. It was just so different how Alec treated me. It almost felt like we knew each other way before I even met my own father.

"That are the same words you said to Jace and what happened? He got possessed again by Lilith." I heard my father say. I quickly looked up and saw that Alec looked like someone had stabbed him right in his chest. He looked down and exhaled sharply.