Chapter 42

Welcome back!!!!! How is everyone doing? Agh I am so ready for all of you to read the ending of this story because all I'm gonna say, it's going to be so bittersweet... I hope that all of you will like it tho!
________________________________

I looked around myself to see where I actually was. All I saw was red. My eyes widened when I saw a dragon like demon coming way and I quickly turned myself around as if that was going to save me. As I squeezed my eyes shut, I didn't feel anything. Hesitant, I turned myself around only to find my angry father looking at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me angrily. His eyes were full of anger and if I didn't know better, he would banish me back to earth as soon as he could.

"I could ask you the same thing." I said stubborn and he sighed out of frustration as he went through his hair, and shook his head.

"How did Alec let you do this?" He asked out of surprise and I peeked over at him as if I had done a very terribly thing.

"He doesn't know?" He asked as he raised his voice at me.

"Well, that's not how it exactly went down..." I said and my voice trailed off. My father was still waiting for me to explain myself.

"I didn't listen to him." I mumbled underneath my breathe and he hissed out of anger.

"Ella?! Have you lost your mind?! This is Edom! You are partly angelic. The atmosphere here is toxic for nephilims." He said and I sighed out.

"I am no ordinary Shadowhunter or downworlder." I said and he shook his head.

"That's precisely my point. You don't know what might happen to you here. How could act so recklessly?" He asked furious and I looked at him with a blank expression.

I was getting angry at him because I thought the same way as he did. How did he take this reckless decision just to try and secure my safety? He did the same thing and he didn't even realise it. I was doing what I thought would help him, keep him safe.

"What about you father? Aren't you doing the same right now?" I questioned him and I could see that my talking, answering back was making his blood boil.

"Ella Bane!" He shouted my name angrily, making me slightly flinch.

"I am your father! I am suppose to protect you!" He shouted desperately and breathed out after his mini angry break out.

"And I am your daughter... I won't let anything bad happen to you too..." I said softly. "It happened with mum... I won't let it happen to you too." I then added.

My father's eyes seemed to soften as he saw me again so fragile. I wasn't going to break down again. I was hurt but I channeled that into my power. I was going to end this in my way and keeping my family safe. I wanted my fathers to be safe...

He walked towards me and pulled me into a tight hug as he exhaled sharply.

"You remind me so much of me when I was younger." He said which made me chuckle slightly.

"Just as stubborn, I suppose." I said and he laughed as he nodded his head.

"But never do this again, dad. Please." I begged as I looked into his eyes. He weakly smiled at me before turning himself around.

"I am clueless to what I have to do to safe you. I need your grandfather's help..." He said softly and he started making his way, assuming that I was going to follow him which I did.

"I will help you... I will come with you." I said and held his arm. He looked beside me and smiled.

"You make me stronger and weaker at the same time, Ella. Alexander makes me feel that way and so do you. You guys are my family and if something happens because of m-" "Nothing will happen." I reassured him.

It took me a minute but it made me realise how much alike we were. He worried about his loved ones safety as much as I did, and he also blamed himself, just like me.

"If he decides to do something, I won't hesitate to do something back." I said as if I had control over my powers to make such a statement. He quickly shook his head.

"He is the king of Edom just as Lucifer owns all hell dimensions. He is much more powerful here." He said and I laughed softly.

"There must be a reason why Lucifer wants me right? I am sure that I can stand up to him if I have too." I said and I could feel the anxiety of my father's as I spoke those words out.

"Ella." He warned me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I will behave, dad." I said, without really meaning my words. As we reached this burning like castle, my father went inside with me following him behind.

"Guess who decided to pay a visit to his father." I heard a very shrieking low voice say. I looked up and saw a man with long hair, sitting on his black throne. He titled his head slightly when he saw me.

"You brought a guest?" He asked confused. My father looked beside him as he put his arm out, pushing me behind him as if he was my living shield. I looked at him from behind and then snapped my eyes back at my grand father who looked more intrigued, and interested as each second past by.

"I can feel her energy licked to us, Magnus. Is she from our bloodline?" He asked a bit confused. My father slightly squeezed my hand which I thought he did out of fear.

"I am." I said as I stepped beside my dad and stood next to him. "Ella." He quickly snapped at me and I looked at him, giving him a reassuring look.

"Ah is that so? From whom if I may ask?" Asmodeus asked, coming closer to me. I could feel his energy radiating towards me and my father wasn't wrong when he said that he was powerful.

"I am Ella. Ella Bane. Daughter of Magnus." I said and his eyes widened as he stopped taking his steps. He quickly looked over at my father being as surprised as he was.

"What?" He blurted out.

"We need your help." I said and looked at him. I wanted to step closer towards him but my father stopped me, pulling me back. Asmodeus watched every bit of what we were doing.

"My help?" He scoffed.

"Lucifer wants me... We need your help." I said and Asmodeus eyes again widened out of shock.

"How dare you coming into my house and asking me to work against my master?!" He shouted as he raised his hands, firing a ball of fire at me. My father quickly stood in front of me, providing a shield, protecting the both of us.

"How dare you raising a hand against my daughter?!" My father screamed out angrily and fired back a huge, massive ball towards Asmodeus.

This wasn't going to end well...