Chapter 14

[Hello everyone! Oh my god, Paralyzed is so close to 6K readers! Seriously this story is growing so fast! Please comment in the comments what you think of this story and please vote! By the 40 votes, there will be a new chapter!]

_

As we got in the institute everyone looked at us. I saw Alec and my father running towards us, trying to make sure everything was okay.

"There is a powerful demon and we have to go now! Chris is alone!" I shouted before Samuel could say anything. I saw some shadowhunter running to get some weapons and Alec had his bow and arrow with him.

"Let's go." I said when I saw some Shadowhunters ready to go. I wanted to create the portal but my father stopped me.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked me a bit surprised and I frowned.

"To Chris. I have to help him." I said and he shook his head.

"You are not going anywhere." He said and I sighed out of frustration. I looked at Alec, hoping that he could help me but he just shrugged.

"I am going." I said determined and created a portal. I walked through it and saw the exact same spot we were hunting demons but there was no sign of Chris. When I turned myself around I saw Samuel, Alec and my father with some other shadowhunters, included Simon and Jace.

"Where is he?" I asked in confusion. Alec looked at me.

"WATCH OUT!" Alec screamed but before anyone could help me, I felt something biting me. I screamed and was pushed back, thrown against the tree. I grunted and tried looking but my vision was too blurry for that.

I grunted and moved a bit away. I felt the breath of the demon close to my face. It stank so much... As something had died in his mouth. I felt him closer and felt my arm itching. It was a burning feeling and I could feel the demon venom enter my blood. It was getting harder to breathe and I quickly tried to find my stele but was too weak to even really move. My blurry vision didn't make it easier as well.

"Ella!" I heard my father shout but I couldn't see where he was. I tried to scream or do anything at all but it felt like I was paralyzed. Not a single word came out of my mouth. I felt someone grabbing me and pulling me towards them. I blinked a few times and saw that the demon was no longer near me anymore. When I directly looked at the person who pulled me out, I faced Chris.

"Chris." I breathed out. He was covered in bruises and especially on his face but he didn't let it look like he was in pain. He acted tough. Tough enough for anyone to be fooled with but not me.

"The demon got you pretty bad." Chris said and I slowly nodded. My whole body felt weak and I knew if I tried to stand up now, I would collapse again.

"Here." He said and I saw that he was activating my Irataze rune. I felt relieved when the pain was getting bearable. Chris looked at me and smiled when he saw what kind of impact the healing rune had on me.

"This is not enough. You will need a warlock to heal this." He said and I thought of my father again.

"The demon." I said and tried to stand up. Chris held my hand from preventing me to stand up.

"What the hell?" I asked when he kept pulling me when I tried to walk away. He looked at me annoyed.

"Not that I care but if you go up now. You will be killed." He said without any emotion than just anger in his voice. I sighed and pushed his hand off me. I never liked to feel weak.

"What should we do?" I asked and Chris didn't seem to care to tell me. He just looked out, above from the bushes to see the demon.

"I am talking to you." I said and he sighed out loud. I saw him rolling his eyes before he looked at me which annoyed me even more.

"I know you are but I am trying to see a way to get away from here." He said annoyed. By now I thought that this was who he was. He was always so mean and almost emotionless.

I saw Chris looking around and finally, he stopped. He took one of the small stones that were on the ground and threw it against a tree which made a loud noise. Before I could say something, Chris covered my mouth with his hand and pulled me towards him. My back was on his chest and his hand was still on my mouth. I saw the demon slowly walking towards where the stone was thrown and Chris slowly moved his hand from my mouth.

"Quietly and slowly." He whispered in my ear. I slowly turned myself around and looked at Chris. My heart was pounding because I was already poisoned by the demon. I don't know, I could die if it got me again. Chris's sky blue eyes were staring into mine. It took my breath away. Even in this darkness, his eyes were still bright enough.

Chris held my hand which made me look down. I swallowed. I had no idea where my father, Alec, Samuel or even the other Shadowhunters were. It was almost like Chris and I were in another dimension. We slowly walked up and I widened my eyes when my vision became blurry again. My head was dizzy and it looked like everything else was shaking around me. My feet slipped which made Chris look at me.

"Hey." He said as he quickly held me. He then quickly looked in the direction of the demon which I assumed had seen us.

I saw my father walking and his hands were glowing. Behind him was Alec with his arrow and bow. Chris was now looking at me, trying to get me up but my body was too weak for that.

"I can walk." I said stubbornly when Chris tried picking me up. He didn't say anything and let me stand up without letting me go. When I tried to take footsteps, I slipped again.

"Just admit that you need me." Chris said with a grin as he quickly held me again. I sighed and nodded. I heard him softly laugh as he picked me up. I leaned my head against his chest.

"My brain is going to explode." I whispered and Chris looked at me. My hands were shaking and I held a side of his t-shirt with it. He specifically looked where I had held him and then he looked at me again.

"I got you. I won't let anything happen to you." He said and I started to have some difficulties with breathing. I just nodded.

"Stay awake." He whispered and I nodded again.

"Ella!" I heard Samuel call out my name. I looked aside and saw him running towards us. He looked quite surprised when he saw us but I had no energy anymore. I felt my body getting weaker and I started to see black spots. That was the last thing before my head fell over and I lost my consciousness.