Chapter 5

AN: Heyyaaaa I didn't have any anything important to say I just want to say thank you for reading!

It has been a couple weeks since we told Zoey and Sam that we were here in our demonic forms. We continued hanging out all week which went by pretty fast considering we had school. I had started talking more when we would hang out outside of school. 

Beth was super cool and nice and if she wasn't an amazing person who is gonna end up in heaven I would promote her in the ranks in hell. She would be a trustworthy general. 

Zoey and Sam are surprisingly cool but I am never going to admit that out loud. Sam and I always talk about cars and nerd out about different types of old cars. Today we were supposed to all meet up at a coffee shop to study for a big test that was next week. 

I hear my phone buzz and look at the group chat we created with Sam, Zoey, Artemis, Beth, and I.  Artemis just texted that he had some errands to run with Beth which I thought was weird but shrugged it off. Soon after Sam texted saying she had to look after her little sister so she couldn't make it. 

Zoey walks in right when I get that text. She waves at me with a friendly smile as she approaches me. 

Z-Hey Luc! What's up? Where is everyone else?

R- Hey Z! The sky is up and Sam has to babysit her sister and Artemis and Beth have to go run some errands together, but I am pretty sure that's code for they like each other and just want to be alone. I say with a laugh. 

Z- Zoey roles her eyes and says, 'of course, your one of the people who say the sky after what's up. Also, that's fine we can just study and hang out the two of us.' We go and sit down at a table and take out our studying supplies. 

Once we are seated and ready a waiter comes up and takes our order. I get hot cocoa and a chocolate croissant while Zoey gets a Moca and asked if she could have a bit of my croissant. 

R- No promises! I love croissants a lot. 

Z- Oh really? I wouldn't have pegged the secretly badass short stack (Rex is like 5 foot 2 and Zoey is 5 foot 7)  for such a lover of chocolate and sweets. 

R- Dude I am not a crazy person. Chocolate is the best food in existence and there is no debating it! I have a massive sweet tooth for chocolate. I dare you to try and name a sweet better that doesn't have chocolate. 

Z- UMMM any sour patch or Swedish fish? They are to die for!

R-No way! Just for that, you aren't getting a bite of my croissant! 

Z- No that's not fair! Just because chocolate isn't the best doesn't mean it isn't delicious! And taking it away from me would just be rude! She says with a pout

R- Fine but you aren't eating the whole thing! 

Z- No promises! 

A few minutes later a waiter brings up our food and drinks and sets them down on the table. He smiles at me with a wink and says "How you doin' pretty lady?" he has a smirk that I think is supposed to make him seem attractive but I have zero interest.  

R-I am doing wonderful I have hot cocoa and food and one of my best friends so yah

Waiter- Well maybe later I could take you out for dinner and ditch your friend here. 

R- Look I am going, to be honest with you. I don't like you and I have zero interest in dinner so sorry for being blunt but can you go away now, I would like to continue enjoying my nice lunch and study hang out with my friend here. I said with a polite smile.