Chapter 54

Rex- Why not? Sounds fun. Beth can you give us a protective barrier so those present don't get hurt.

Beth nodded. Once I sensed the barrier was up things got serious. I pulled out my scythe and Max transformed her gauntlets onto her hands.

Max- Jeez it's seriously been a while since we have gone all out against each other

Rex-  'For sure' I said while doing arm circles with the arm that wasn't holding my scythe in the other arm. 

Max- This is gonna be fun. She said with an evil smile. 

I swing my scythe a couple of times trying to seem slightly distracted.

Max uses her demonic speed to charge me. I almost didn't dodge the punch in time forgetting how fast Max was using her speed. 

Octavia's POV

The two girls pulled out their weapons and started stretching to get ready to fight. 

Rex swung her scythe around and I didn't even register that Max has moved to attack her throwing a punch at Rex's face. 

She dodge's quickly but it was close. Max throws a barrage of high-speed punches that Rex's dodge but all are very close. 

Rex must have seen an opening because she swings for Max's side with her scythe. Misty looks worried as fuck and so does Zoey. 

We all gasp because from our angel because it looked like the scythe was buried in Max's side. A couple of seconds later Rex was thrown against the wall. And Max was left standing with the scythe between two fingers that were in these cool metal gloves. 

Zoey- REX! 

Kris- Calm down. She is fine. 

Right after Kris said that Max spits out some blood and falls to the ground as Rex stood up and dusted herself off. 

Misty was practically in tears seeing Max get hurt. She was more ripped than I am with Raven. 

Griff- Don't worry, Max and Rex will be fine. 

Zoey and Misty only relaxed slightly, but still seemed tense and I see Lincoln and Rose starring in awe at the girls brawling it out. 

Lincoln- Damn, I am really happy they are our allies now. 

Rose- Seriously. 

We all turn our attention back to the fight were Max did a handstand into a half flip to stand up again. 

Max- I haven't done this for a while so be ready. Max said giving a smirk while throwing Rex's scythe to the side. 

Some things started moving on Rex's gauntlet and it got slightly bigger. It looked like there were rocket boosters coming out of the back of her gauntlet.  With a boost of speed from the rockets and her demonic strength. I don't think any of us could track her movement. Next thing we knew they were frozen in a deadlock and neither of them were moving. 

Beth dispells the barrier but they stay locked for another couple of seconds before they break apart and the other seven and Luie move toward them as Rex wills her scythe into her hand.  

Rex- You guys go hide in the back Beth conceal everyone. Do it well. it is for their protection.

 Rex's POV

O and Lexa look like they were going to argue, but I give them a look that makes them stop. They all walk into the back room and I turn around once I sense their presences disappear. 

We all face the door and summon our official cloaks and weapons as the 3 other arc angels and their seconds show up looking pissed off as hell. 

Rex- What do you want?

Feli (arc angel of peace)- Well what do you expect we would do when the 8 strongest demons are all congregated in one area on earth. 

Kris- Well we aren't doing anything bad so why don't you ass holes just leave us alone. 

Pan (Arc angel of health)- You are demons. It is only a matter of time before you do something bad. 

Max- That's discrimination you assholes. 

Kaia (arc angel of prosperity) - doesn't matter when we have billions of years of evidence. We should just kill you now and bring you into

Monica Steps forward slightly looking pissed as hell but keeps her composure. 'That isn't very angelic of you. 

Pan- You don't deserve our angelic treatment. We should bring you to the council now and bring you up on charges for all that you have done.'

Artemis starts to say something but I give him a shush look as I take a step forward and say 'You can try. But everything we do, is approved in the laws that the original council set up for the con demons.'

Pan- That's bull the council would never allow you guy's to do what you do. 

Luie- It's true. For there to be balance in the world the good must have bad. So as long as we don't go absolutely crazy the council and you guys can't do shit. None of us have or plan on breaking those rules. The other cons may have but not us. I mean Rex came close a couple of times but they were still all legal in your stupid law system. 

Kaia scoffs still not believing what we said and says 'Look whether or not we believe you-you aren't our mess to deal with. That is Zoey's job and she will have a blast explaining why she is hanging out with you idiots, Speaking of were is she. She is needed back in Etheral for the council meeting. 

I squint at them and give Max a nod signaling the girl to get the two angels. 

She does and once all the angels left we allow the others to come out of the back room.