Chapter 48

Rex- Well he did have an ulterior motive.

Carm- What do you mean?

Griff- Thanks for the cash and new phone kid. Griff said while holding Quinn's wallet, keys, and phone.

Everyone but me looked at the small demon in shock.

Carm- How in the hell did none of us notice him do it.

Rex- I may have written the book but Griff perfected it better than anyone you will ever meet. He has added and expanded it a lot. If you want to learn the art of pickpocketing and scheming he is the best teacher you will ever get.

Quinn- Damn that was smooth! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!!!

Griff- I don't know I don't like taking on students...

Quinn- PLEASE!!! I WILL DO ANYTHING!

Griff- Rex you got any problems with it?

I shake my head and say 'Be my guest! I have to go talk with Max a little so knock your selves out not literally if Kara gets hurt we will have a fuming Alex and none of us need that.

Lena- I will also kill you, she is my soul mate after all.

Max- FINALLY! You guys are slow as fudge! We figured that out the second we saw you guys interact. You oblivious af!

Rex- You can't talk Max.

Lena- Yes we are oblivious, and what do you mean Rex. 

Rex- I will explain after Max figures it out for herself, for now, have fun and Max come with me. 

She nods and we walk to the small forest near the tattoo shop and find a shady tree to sit under. 

Max's POV

I really don't want to have this conversation because I think I know what it is about. 

Max- What's up?

Rex- Soooo?

Max- So what! I'm a rock star get your game on! 

Rex- I am telling P!nk you did that she said with a laugh.

Max- Good maybe she will let me perform with her. I mean I am wonderful. She said while doing a hair flip. 

Rex- That isn't untrue but this is serious Max. What's the deal and I know you know what I am talking about so don't bull shit me. 

I sigh and say 'I know, but you know me I hate emotions.' 

Rex- That's understandable but keeping it in isn't good. 

Max- 'Yah I know.' Rex is my best friend and I trust her more than anyone else in all the worlds that do or will exist. 

Rex- No B.S. No judgment. Away from all the craziness of our lives right now. Just the O.G. best friends talking about emotional shit even though we hate it. 

I laugh at my dork of a best friend and say 'Okay. No bull shit. The truth. The truth is I was an angel.'

Rex- That's true. 

Max- Angel's have soul mates.

Rex- That is also true. 

Max- We are demons and I have been alive for 6 billion years and I haven't found this person officially yet.

Rex- True but you will.

Max- That's the thing I think I have. 

Rex- Oh?