Chapter 9

AN: I can't remember if I described what sam looks like but she is gonna look like a younger version of Caity Lotz. 

Well, I am fucked. 

Majorly fucked. Like I am more fucked then when I realized my own mother betrayed me and sent me to hell so I could balance the world as death. 

They can't be my soul mate. No that's impossible. I would have realized it sooner I am not that oblivious. Am I? 

I mean I can't know for sure until we say I love you for the first time and our marks appear but still Artemis seemed pretty damn sure. 

I stand up and walk into the kitchen and start pacing. But what I didn't realize was that Zoey woke up when I did this and followed soon after. 

Z- What's wrong? If you keep doing that there is gonna be a dent where you are walking. 

R- Jesus! you scared me you ass!

Z- Suck it up buttercup what's wrong. They said giving me a stern no-nonsense look.

R- I just... I remembered the person from earlier and it scared me and I don't like showing emotion in front of people so I got up and came in here.

Z- Well I am not just some person so you can do it in front of me. 

R- I don't know if you will say that later... I say with a sigh under my breath

Z- Sorry I didn't catch that 

R- Don't worry about it. I say 'Oi Artemis it's about time for us to go home' I Yell into the living room. 

Z- What? You're leaving it's the middle of the school year! 

R- We have duties down under and if we are gone too long it gets crazy.

Z- Yah but still did you have to leave me so soon? She says looking down but quickly realizes their mistake and says 'I mean leave us so soon' 

R- We really need to get back. I say and then whisper under my breath hoping they don't hear me.  'I hope you can forgive me. Please remember I didn't lie about our friendship.' 

Z- What? 

R- Nothing lets go find Artemis then we have some stuff to explain then we will leave. And trust me you will want us gone. 

We walk into the living room to see Artemis waiting for us next to our shoulder bags which are at his feet. 

R- Sit down and promise you will let us explain

Z- You have our word and our word will not be broken 

I nodded with a smile at Zoey. 

I nod at Artemis and we release our demonic seal. Before they could react Beth slams open the front door and walks in between us.  Zoey and Sam are both on their feet in a fighting stance. 

Z- Beth trust me move away from those two they aren't who you think they are.

B- Oh so Lucy isn't really Rex's con demon of death and Venus isn't Artemis of pain Rex's second in command. And you aren't Zoey archangel of life and her second Sam?

S-WHAT THE FUCK!???!!!? How did you know?

Beth rolls her eyes 'Have you never heard of neutral beings' She said while raising her eyebrow

 A- Yah they are being who are immortal like angels and demons and try and prevent major conflicts with communication. Usually, they are some sort of magical being but the more advanced or complicated the stronger the being. 

R- Also the most powerful is usually assigned to more powerful demons and angels.

Z-AKA us. 

S- But we have never had a major conflict we just fight briefly then those demons get bored and get back to hell. 

B-That is true this is the first time I have ever felt the need to intervene. 

Z- Huh?

B-Sorry I don't think I have properly introduced myself. My name is Yitzy of balance I am your neutral being and the head of the neutral being coalition. 

S- Well fuck! After all these years I just didn't think we had one. 

Z- Same. Well, why did you show up now?

Y(b)- Because I have known what Artemis and Rex just figured out and probably sam knowing her. And when Zoey finds out she will flip out and I feel like being here as a neutral party will help. Sam and Artemis you are dismissed to go back to your lands this will be taken care of and your respective superiors will be back home soon. Safe and sound. 

They both nodded and disappeared teleporting back to their respective lands, knowing what was about to go down is gonna be crazy. 

Z- Will you guys stop talking about me like I don't exist and explain to me what the hell is going on and why I shouldn't send that asshole to hell for about a million different reasons. 

Y(B)- Rex go grab a pair of shorts and take off your damn shirt and your damn glove you wear that thing to damn much it just looks weird. 

I walk into my room and grab a pair of shorts and take off my shirt but leave my sports bra on. You can see about half of the scar on my chest,  the scar near my shoulder where the metal arm starts, also the scar around my knee were my metal knee starts, and last but not least there is the ton of scars littering the rest of my body in random spots from random things. I hadn't seen myself this naked in forever I avoided looking in the mirror. 

I walked outside into the living room and felt self-conscious when both of them started staring at me. I saw Zoey cover her mouth trying to cover the gasp that came out of her mouth. 

R- Yah yah my body is trash I am aware. 

Z- How the hell did this happen to you? Even if you are a demon you don't deserve whatever lead to this. 

R- Well one of them is your fault. I said with a huff

Z- What? I haven't done anything bad enough with a powerful enough weapon to cause any of those scars they would have healed and faded. 

I pull down my sports to show her the full heart scar. 'You have two heartbeats' I say matter of factly. 

Z- She hesitates 'How did you know that? I haven't even told Sam that...' 

R- Because the other heart you have is mine. 

Z- Crazy demon say what now?

Y(B)- What she is saying is the truth. she turns to me and says 'I will hit you hard if you start lying'

I hear Zoey chuckle under her breath. I nod and say 'This is gonna be a long story and we have to start from the beginning the very beginning that even you weren't there for' 

I take a deep breath and start 'It all started 6-7 million years ago with the start of everything...'