| Castiel X Reader |

If only she had known that angels existed sooner... Maybe just maybe the horrible things that happened wouldn't have... Maybe her family wouldn't have died- Why couldn't they have shown up sooner. Why couldn't he shown up sooner?

"Please... I'm not going to hurt you," Castiel tried to reason with a sigh.

"Angels they don't exist!" Y/N exclaimed waving out her knife with a couple of steps taken back she was scared out of her fucking mind...

Sure Y/N had dealt with every monster known to man... Well until now that is. Yet ever since the Croatoan virus outbreak she stopped trusting anyone or everyone for that matter. No one deserved her trust- Not since the incident... She should have seen it coming but she didn't, of course, she didn't how could she have? And yet even if it wasn't her fault she loved to blame herself for the thing just like her older brother Dean.

"Dean sent me," Castiel explained never answering her question. "He's worried about you,"

"Well, he's always worried well guess what he's the one that pushed me away after... After what happened-" Y/N explained her voice becoming low at the end... She hadn't spoken about the incident or of his name since he died... She just couldn't bring herself to as she knew once the words escaped her lips she could break down- And hunters weren't allowed to break down.

Not in a time like this.

"You can tell him to quit worrying and start on finding a way to stop the virus," She mumbled never meeting the angel's eyes... She had heard so much about him-Yet not about the way that he looked. She thought that he would be shorter and less cute... And smarter- Oh yeah definitely smarter.

"He's working on it... But he sent me here to protect you," Castiel explained taking a step closer to her.

"Well that's too bad because I don't need your protection," Y/N snarled trying to leave but he pulled her back by the arm. "Look no offense I would love to spend time with the famous Castiel that my brother had talked oh so much about but I have better things to do,"

"Please don't make this hard... I just want to help you," the blue-eyed angel pleaded to cause the young girl to sigh.

"You would help me by staying away," She snapped back. "You seem like just another person to almost get me killed,"

But like Dean when he said personal space Castiel the angel of the lord just didn't listen... Dean knew that this was something that the angel needed to work on. But Y/N didn't know that so when the angel ceased to leave her side... She knew that there was going to be some major problems.

Usually, at night Y/N was a very light sleeper in case of something happening... Or an infected person finding her- Although when the trench-coated angel sat at the foot of the bed that she had been sleeping in for weeks now it made her feel... Feel like she could actually stop worrying and stop fearing the outside world.

Three nights in a row she had the best deepest sleep of her life... All because of this angel- And oh boy it didn't stop there. He freaking got her food... Freshly grown food, that was so good made her mouth water like a waterfall.

Sure at first she wanted nothing to do with the angel, she wanted him to leave her alone... She was always just a lone wolf- Barely surviving hoping and praying for a cure. But Y/N just couldn't lie she loved the feeling of having someone else that she can rely on. It took so much stress off of her, to the point where she was almost living again- Instead of the constant fear, there were glimpses of hope.

After a month they're bond grewvery close Y/N actually somewhat caring about someone else she knew that in the back of her mind it was only a matter of time before something bad happens... And today was that day.

"Where are you taking me?" Y/N questioned confused looking up at the angel in confusion. "This is really dangerous,"

"I will protect you," He whispered his eyes trained ahead.

"You didn't answer my question," She groaned but that was when suddenly her eyes landed on him. "Dean?"

"Hey Lil Sis," He whispered as she quickly ran over and hugged him even if the last time they had seen each other they did have a nasty fight... They did say some things that they both regretted but it was amazing to know that he was alive and kicking.

"You're alive," She whispered into his leather. "I'm so glad,"

"Yeah I am and look I'm sorry I-"

"Look you don't have to apologize I know," She mumbled looking down at her feet. "I'm sorry too,"

"I'm glad Cas here is doing an Ok job at looking after you," Dean whispered with a wide smile.

"Oh, he's doing better than ok," Y/N grinned looking over and meeting the blue-eyes that always seemed to make her stomach churn and her knees go weak. "He's amazing and makes life so much easier,"

"I'm very glad... But just know that he was mine first," Dean joked with a wide smile.

"We should start heading back- I'm not so sure were entirely safe here," Castiel mumbled taking Y/N's hand in his.

"No way are you guys...?" Dean questioned trailing off at the end.

"Well we haven't really made it official," Y/N whispered as both she and the angel were blushing furiously.

"You better treat her right... She has refused to even have friends since- Sam," The blonde explained placing a hand on Castiel's shoulder.

Yet at just the name it made Y/N's heart shatter as she tried to keep it together clenching her fists... Knowing full well that they needed to get home before dark in case of the infected but she just couldn't move her eyes clenched closed holding in the tears.

"Are you ok?" the blue-eyed man questioned placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I-I just haven't heard his name in so long," She whispered with a sigh whipping the one stray tear away.

"Well I was going to wait until tomorrow to tell you guys but I was hoping that you would come with me to find a cure for the virus," Dean mumbled never meeting their eyes.

"But where?" Y/N questioned confused.

"Heaven," He explained as Castiel's eyes went wide.

"What no that's impossible heaven it's closed and all the other angels are hiding and all of our powers are fading- Even if we wanted to go up there we just couldn't," The raven-haired angel explained.

"We should try," Y/N mumbled as this was the first that she had ever heard about this- Yes she knew that it was risky for Castiel to use his powers as other angels could find him or heaven could collapse or he could lose them because everything was out of wack now but she had no idea that it was this bad.

One month later there they were in heaven... With all of the important ingredients in a potion that should be the cure yet what they didn't expect to find up, there was something to open up old wounds... What was up there was- Sam Winchester's heaven. Of course, they had to pass that one door- The door that opened up some nay hurtful memories.

And that was when the world began to become cured and Y/N and Castiel finally got together.