| Sam X Reader |

You were best friends since before you could even walk, everything you did was together, everything about one another you knew- Everything the other said the other could finish. From the inside jokes, the special places, the hidden ones... Everything all surrounded the fact that they were best friends, nothing less and nothing more.

Well at least that was how things were most of their lives- Until things changed and bond grew. Every goddamn relationship Y/N tried to have Sam would ruin... Yet he couldn't do it forever. Why? might you ask well this is the story why and it's more complicated then you might think?

She never noticed it until now- However it was already too late yet still, a fight erupted she needs to know why this man she cared about so so much would do this to her... She had forgotten about the deal they made, although he never had. He couldn't forget, even if they were young and dumb when they made the deal... They still had to follow through- Even if it was stupid.

Yet Sam knew that it was the only way that they could ever end up together. That's right this was all part of his plan, to finally become more with his best friend.

"If you're really my best friend then why the heck can't you ever let me be happy?" Y/N asked in disbelief, she was such a nice girl and couldn't even cus in her most angry moment knowing that it wouldn't solve anything.

"I was trying to protect you," Sam mumbled with a sigh which only was half of the truth.

"No... You're lying- Don't forget I've known you my whole life," She pointed out terrified at what the hell he wasn't telling her.

"I-I- That's the only reason why," He stuttered, trying to get out of it... He didn't want his cover to be blown- She wouldn't be thirty until tomorrow he just couldn't risk this, not so close.

"Bullshit," She exclaimed done with all of his excuses. "And if you don't tell me then I guess-"

"No!" He exclaimed now fully alert not wanting to lose his best friend the girl he loves. "No... Please don't leave," He cried the thought of his best friend leaving him was scarier than the thought of dying.

"Then tell me," She hissed stopping in her tracks and turning back to look him in the eyes. "I thought we didn't keep secrets,"

"We don't but-"

"What what? What changed huh? Tell me!" She yelled through anger. "Tell me what's so bad that you have to lie to me!"

"You won't remember and-"

"Then enlighten me on what I've forgotten, why does it have to be a secret?" She questioned beyond confused thinking hard and trying to find out what the hell he's talking about.

"When we were little we made a deal and- And we said that when we're thirty if we weren't married or together with anyone else then we would marry each other," He explained in a low voice a blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"B-But that doesn't make sense... Why would you sabotage all my boyfriends? Wouldn't you want me to be with a different girl- Get out of our stupid deal?" She asked confused at why the hell he would want to go through with the deal they made as dumb kids.

"No one else is good enough for you," He mumbled with a sigh.

"Why couldn't you just let me be happy? Don't you want a girl to love-"

"You are the girl I love," He finally blurted causing both their eyes to go wide, as there it was Sams biggest secret now out in the world. His best friend knew his feelings for her that weren't just friendly anymore. "I love you Y/N Y/L/N, I love you more than the world itself,"

He thought that it would have turned out differently, that she would run into his arms and kiss him, or at least say that their friendship wasn't over. Although the tears in her eyes weren't happy ones they were sad ones.

"I-I- Have to get to work," She whispered turning away he tried to pull her back however she only pushed him away no words were ever said yet they were never needed as no words could ever describe the tension...

Their feelings, the way that Sam's heart was broken beyond repair, the only way that it could possibly ever get fixed is if he were to end up with Y/N... Which by the way would never happen.

"I'm so Sam," Castiel whispered rubbing up and down his back.

"At least you told her," Dean mumbled with a sigh. "Now you just have to wait,"

"Wait for what? SHe's probably angry and mad at me... I probably lost my best friend," his voice became quiet at the end- As the tears stang his eyes.

Saying those words out loud made it even more real... Made the truth really sink in yet not just for him- For all of them.

"Maybe I should just let her go,"

"She'll come back if she really cares," Castiel whispered with a sigh.

"She doesn't love me... I just have to come to the conclusion that I don't have a best friend anymore," That night he left the bunker broken beyond repair in tears... Definitely not ready for the long workday he had the next day.

Everything he touched, saw or even felt reminded him of her- THe girl that he fell in love with the girl that he had to let go... Because put his heart out there for her however she failed to grab it- Or at least give her's in return. At least his biggest secret was off his chest though.

"Sam," Y/N whispered barging in his hotel room that night and there her best friend was in tears sitting on his couch, his favorite blanket wrapped around him and tissues littering the floor... He looked like a mess, though that was only because he was one, as she sat down next to him he turned away never replying completely ignoring her. "It's 12:01 I'm officially thirty and single,"

"So what? It's not like you'll go through with the deal anyway," He hissed finally meeting her eyes, it was then she saw how broken he really was and that this was all her fault... His tears, his feelings, his sadness everything was all because of her. "What are you even doing here... Oh, I see you just want to rub it in my face that-" Yet before he could react that was when their lips were then locked together and moved in sync- Neither of them pulling away.