| Dean X Cas|

I thought that since Supernatural is ending tomorrow I would post this :)

“I can’t help falling in love with you…” Dean whispered as he and castiel swayed to the music in the bunkers library.

They did this often, the two inseparable after Castiel returned from the empty. The last thing Dean wanted to ever happen again was Cas to be stolen from him again. After all he knew now that Castiel's true happiness was loving him.

He would cherish the angel until the day he died.

They would sing loudly while making food in the kitchen, they would prank Sam and each other… They would go on wild drives together and eat crazy foods. Life seemed perfect for the Winchester family. Sam no longer had to try and push the two together and just seeing the two of his favorite people happy warmed his heart.

There is no more Chuck… No more being on a hamster wheel. None of that. They were finally free, and Sam and Dean knew that if this is what was real then they didn’t ever want to go back. Everyday they would cherish what was real and how real their lives had become.

Castiel and Dean together, Sam and Eilleen together. The perfect family.

Sam and Eileen had left for a hunt which meant that Dean and Castiel had the whole bunker to themselves. No worries in the world no Chuck controlling their every move. Then could do whatever they wanted carelessly.

They could sing up and down the halls, watch whatever they wanted, blast music until their ears hurt. Though here they were swaying to Castiel's favorite song. He liked how Dean knew all the words and would whisper it to them.

It had been the perfect moment in time… They should have known that something would ruin it.

Dean grabbed Castiel by the trench coat pulling them closer so that now their bodies were pushed firmly together. His hands then began to graze over Castiel's trench coat. They had stopped swaying to the music and just stood there, the music still playing in the background.

“What… What are you doing?” Castiel questioned, confused and trying to get Dean to make eye contact with him, however, that never happened.

Suddenly Dean’s hand was in his trench coat pocket, as he pulled out Castiel's angel blade. The blue-eyed angel knew at that moment that something was wrong as he began to back away from his lover.

“I knew you kept it in there… After being in the back of Dean’s mind for the past month… It’s sad really he didn’t even know I was here… Well now he does-” Dean’s candy apple green eyes were now replaced with a crimson black. “Miss me?”

Castiel leaped back in fear, his eyes going wide. Everything in him crashed to the ground as he knew everything had been a trick… Every long night every long day he had spent with Dean all meant nothing. 

Dean Winchester wasn't actually in love with him.

Castiel would have grabbed his blade big and the empty had it. Castiel barely had any powers anymore so it was impossible to see the empty true form. 

"He is in love with you actually," The empty spoke up through a hearty laugh. "He's screaming right now for me not to hurt you,"

"B-But everything-"

"It wasn't a fake Castiel… I was on the back of his mind like I said before he didn't even know I was here," The empty began to inch closer causing Castiel to back away even more. His mind was racing as he cursed himself knowing that the empty was reading his every thought. 

"So it was a trick,” Castiel mumbled trying to calm his thoughts… Though that seemed like an impossible task he was still dealing with having human emotions.

“None of it was a trick Castiel I knew all along what your true happiness was and I knew once you admitted them that Dean would fall right into the trap and come to save you,” The empty chuckled still inching closer Castiel feeling the adrenaline rise in his veins as he knew that the closer the empty came the less chance he had of escaping. “I knew that Dean would admit how he felt for you- and all I had to do was wait,”

“You had so many chances-”

“The heartbreak in your eyes is what I have been waiting for… What you’re feeling is the same way I felt when you had awoken me,” Suddenly the empty was practically right in front of Castiel as the raven-haired man now had his back right against the wall behind him.

There was nowhere else to go.

“Now you’re going to feel the pain I felt when you made it loud,” The empty mumbled through a smirk. “Dean will think twice before messing with me ever again,” The empty raised the angel blade ready to stab Castiel.

However black eyes turned back to apple green.

“Dean…” Castiel whispered shock radiating his body as relief flooded his veins, along with excitement. He knew Dean could push the empty back just like he had done with Micheal.

“Cas… Cas I-” Suddenly before Dean let his arm drop to his side his laugh radiated the room as his arm swung back down, the angel blade slamming right into Castiel.

The blue-eyed angel let out a scream in pain, as blood began to gush out of his wound. His legs became jello from below him as he used the wall for support. He could feel the blood gush up in his throat, and his eyes began to burn with the little remaining grace that he had left.

The empty threw his head back in laughter, his laughs booming through the room as Castiel struggled to remain away… To stay alive. “Goodbye Castiel.... I’ll see you in hell,” Suddenly that’s when black goop began to leave Dean, as the blonde fell to the floor once all of it was gone.

“Cas…” Dean whispered, lifting his head from the floor.

Then finally once he glanced around he made eye contact with his angel. His dying angel.

“No… No you’re not going to leave me again you’re not going to leave not again,” Dean exclaimed suddenly on his feet and taking off his flannel shirt as he pushed it to Castiel's wound.
He knew that since Castiel was part human that was the only reason he still was alive as his eyes were bleeding and red.

Castiel shook his head. “I-”

“No don’t talk… You’re going to be fine-” Castiel shook his head again as he could see the tears leaking Dean’s eyes as he tried everything in his power to save the raven-haired man.

“No goddammit! No! I finally got you back and I won’t leave you again… Cas everything was real I had no idea about the empty… This shouldn’t have happened this shouldnt have fucking happend!” Dean exclaimed angry screaming at the top of his lungs feeling the breathes heavily through his lungs as the tears stung his eyes.

He couldn’t bring himself to part eyes with Castiel, even if there was blood in his bright blue eyes.

“I...I love you Cas,” Dean whispered suddenly standing up. “I’m going to get the first aid kit just don’t… Don’t move!” He exclaimed as Castiel was left there alone in his dying breath as Dean ran away.

When Dean came back he dropped the first aid-kit out of shock as watched Castiel's eyes flutter between over and closed.

“NO! NO!” He exclaimed suddenly in front of Castiel practically on top of him cupping his face with his hand.

“No no you’re not going to leave me again I won’t let you,” Dean had shaky hands on his flannel which was now seeping with blood over Castiel's chest as he quickly glanced up from his bloody hands and kissed Castiel.

One last time before he was fully gone, and he knew right after that the angel was gone.

The sobs wracked Dean’s body as he pulled Castiel into his arms. Dean was just about to let in how broken he was however he heard the bunker door open from behind him.

“Cas Dean’s he’s not-” Though Sam stopped his sentence seeing the sight in the library before him.

Heart break instantly hit the brothers, as they made eye contact.