meeting the O'Connell's

"baby stop shaking", billie said to me while driving, hand in hand.

"I'm trying too", I said feeling my throat become increasingly dry every time I talked.

"they are going to love you mamas. and if they don't, too bad I love you, you hear me? I love you!", she screamed the last part.

I nervously giggled at her attempt to cheer me up.

This is billie's and i's first same gender relationship. I think fear is inevitable when meeting the parents.

She squeezed my hand whenever I got quiet, reassuring me I was going to be okay, I guess.

billie turned into this very cozy street, orange leaves all over the sidewalk, kids playing on their front yards. I fell a bit more comfortable.

"we're here", billie said pulling into a driveway connected to a very beautiful house.

"but before we go", she said grabbing both my hands and making me face towards her, "everything's going to be alright, okay. do you trust me?"

I nodded.

"don't be afraid mamas, I'm right here always", she said starring deeply into my eyes.

"I know and I love you", I said lowly.

She pulled me in for a kiss on the forehead and turned the car off and proceeded to exit. I did the same and waited for her to knock on her parent's home.

She took my hand and walked up to the front door.

After billie knocked several times, a very smily Mrs. O'Connell appeared.

She had an apron tied around her neck and the smell of home cooked food filled up my senses.

"Hello girls!", she said reaching for a hug from billie.

She then turned to me and said, " Oh so good too finally meet you, y/n! Billie has told me so much about you!"

I glanced at billie and saw her checks start to heat up, "bro, no I don't", she exclaimed.

"Thank you so much for inviting me over Mrs. Connell", I said after we pulled away from the hug.

"call me Maggie! you're family sweetie", she said opening the door so we could enter.

I immediately blushed at her calling me family and guess billie noticed it too with the chuckle she let out.

Maggie rushed to the kitchen which gave billie the perfect opportunity to wrap her arm around my shoulder and say, "she sure is", leading me towards the kitchen.

When we entered the kitchen, I saw Mr. Connell and Finneas with his girlfriend Claudia.

I've already met Finneas and Claudia which gave me a little bit of breather to have other people I was comfortable around me.

Patrick stood up when he noticed me and walked over, extending his arm out.

"Hello! I'm Patrick, billie's dad", he said.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Connell", I replied nervously shaking his hand.

He chuckled and said," oh please, call me Patrick!"

I laughed too, not knowing how to really reply.

I sat at a chair that was at the table and said my hey's to Finneas and Claudia.

Billie quickly sat next to me.

After some quiet chit chat, at least from me, the others where being very loud, food was finally served.

" This is amazing", I said to Maggie.

"Do you think? It's a new recipe I tried out", she questioned.

"Wow! It's wonderful", I said.

"Come over whenever you'd like and I can cook this up for you", she said with the brightest smile on her face.

"Thank you", I giggled.

After dinner, billie put her arm around me and whispered into my ear, "told you they'd love you".

"shut up", I said playfully hitting her thigh.

Billie didn't reply, just smirked and starred at me. I could tell so because of my side eye.

——

"hey babe, tired?" Billie said walking over to me while I was having a conversation with Claudia.

"umm" I said looking at my phone's time.
"yeah it's getting pretty late", I replied.

"mom, dad, me and y/n are heading out", billie yelled suddenly, making me jump.

"Okay bye girls", Maggie said walking into the living room, where we were.

"Thank you for coming over", she exclaimed.

"Thank you for having me", I said giving her a hug one last time before saying goodbye to the rest of the family and walking out with my girlfriend.

Billie said nothing the entire car ride but had the biggest smile on her face.

I knew she was worried it was going to go badly so I'm happy I made her happy.

She noticed me starring and grabbed my hand and held it on her lap, rubbing small circles.