trigger

requested

"billie you got the meet n' greet in 25", my girlfriend's manager shouts.

She groans and picks her head off my shoulder and leaves to get a water bottle.

I sigh, wishing she didn't have to go since this was my last day of being on tour with her.

But I know how much her fans mean to her.

"it's okay love", I say, walking towards her.

She turned around and had a droopy smile on her face.

"I'll make it up later", she says wrapping her arms around my head.

I smirk, already knowing she would.

She gives me a quick peck and leaves since she had to sign some merch beforehand.

I stayed in her green room and grabbed myself some snacks.

After about a half hour, I randomly decided that I wanted to go see her in action while she met her fans.

I grabbed my phone and my card and walked towards the place where they where all at.

I used the backdoor and immediately heard the cries and screams of teenagers.

I silently giggle before walking to Maggie and stand right beside her.

Billie was almost done with the meet and greet.

I gulped in excitement because we would be able to finally get some privacy.

She would occasionally glance at me and give me a grin, before reaching her hands out for her fans.

She really loves this job, I thought to myself.

She had just finished talking to a girl with dyed purple roots when I glanced over to the next person in line and saw a hooded male.

I narrowed my eyes, since it was a little suspicious.

I watched as he was called out next and walked very slowly over to billie.

My eyes followed his every move.

Billie extended her arms out, thinking that this was just another fan.

But I knew he wasn't and something was off.

He doesn't hug her back, instead just stands in front of her, making immense eye contact.

I didn't even realize my legs where moving when I found myself walking closer and closer.

I watched as he looked down and looked back up.

Billie had the same friendly grin on her face, but I don't.

Something was just off.

And then the thing that I least expected to ever happen, happened.

Everything was moving in slow motion, in my eyes.

He reaches behind his back, and pulls out a matte black pistol.

My eyes go wide as he points it towards billie.

I jumped over all the cords in front of me and run over to her.

Like I said, everything was in slow motion.

he pulls the triggers.

But not what you think.

Why? Because he shot me instead of her.

I jumped in front of her just as he was pulling the trigger, making me his target.

I felt this ooze come out of my chest and into my hands.

Immediately, I felt my legs shake and my eyes roll to the back of my mind.

I was crying tears I couldn't feel.

I was calling for my mom, hoping she could fix this somehow.

I called for my best friend, hoping she wouldn't miss me too much.

But most importantly, I called for billie.

I whispered her name as I fell to the ground, her arms wrapped around me.

The last image I remember is her mouth wide open, presuming screams coming out, and eyes with anger in them.

And that's it.

That's how I felt my body go dumb.

—-

The next day, I woke up from surgery in a minimal hospital room.

I exhaled a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

Do I regret it?
No.

Do I wish it were her instead?
Of course not.

The following months after where extremely rough on anyone around me.

I was a constant pain in the ass.

Through it all, billie stayed by my side, cancelling all her remaining shows.

That's the time I took a bullet for my lover.

I wrote this so diary form😳 anyways i actually liked this idea so I might make another one in depth??? Comment if you'd like that. Take this as a snippet if u will