Chapter Fourteen

Ryan's POV

The day was long, full of tears from all but me. I guess I cried it all out last night. I sat silently next to mum as people walked in and out, saying their goodbyes.

It was all just a blur, I finished my book this morning before the people started showing up. Trish and Steph came and sat with me, they cried and laughed as we shared some stories.

It was time to say good bye, I crawled into the bed and rested my head on her chest. The girls gave me a minute so that I could say a few things to her.

"I met someone mum, I fell for him hard too. But it would never work out, for all I know he has a wife back home...... He wanted to take me back with him, i couldn't go because I love him." I sighed, a single tear escaping me. "You have to go now mum, go be with Sam. Tell him I love him... I'll be okay I promise"

I gave her a long kiss to her forehead as tears start rolling down my face. The doctor and the girls came in as I crawled back out of bed and held her hand tightly. Tears streaming, as I felt arms hug me from both sides.

I nodded to the doctor and he turned the machines off and pulled the thing from her throat. I moved closer as the heart monitor starts beeping, the doctor turned the noise off but he stayed and watch the lines become flat.

"Bye mum" I whispered then walked out. They wanted my mum's organs because she has a rare blood type and I signed that they could have them.

I couldn't drive because of the constant tears that streamed down my face so Paula drove me. She had the day off today as she too grew attached and wanted to be there for me.

The four of us came into my mum's home and Paula went to get us all tea from the kitchen. She came back and we all sat in silence, I could see them all wiping tears and here their sniffles.

It was at this moment that I wanted London to be here, to tell me that everything will be okay, to hold me close and whisper sweet nothing.

Little by little we all started talking, telling stories of their own families.

Paula's grandchildren the triplets, how she helped deliver them. Trish's dad fainting when Trish was born.

Steph's older sister falling pregnant and didn't know until a week before giving birth even after many people told her she looked pregnant, her sister was sure she just gained weight.

I talked about our family camps and one time Sam pushed me down a hill and a stick stabbed my leg, blood was everywhere as I ran back to camp with the stick still in my leg.

The time Sam and I went down the rapids on an old air mattress and getting lost on our way back to camp.

The time we found a cave by the water and spent hours there until we got hungry.

The time we went fishing and Sam caught some huge fish the size of his arm.

Many memories were made on those camps and those will always be with me. Mum and Sam are together again and one day I will be with them too, with stories of my own camping adventures with my own kids.

Trish and Steph slept in my bed with me and Paula got the pull out sofa bed to herself.

When morning came I cook everyone bacon and eggs with a side of pancakes. This was my family now.

Later in the afternoon I went to London's, I walked in and found him with the other two. They seemed to be talking business.

"Hey guys" I walked over and crawled into London's awaiting arms.

"Hey beautiful" he kissed my neck.

"We'll see you two later tonight, and we will finish this talk tomorrow on the plane" Grayson took Peter hand and dragged him out.

"What's happening tonight?" I asked with a smirk.

"I came in town for an annual meeting and at the end of the week they hold a ball as such. I was going to take you"

"Oh okay, so I'm your arm candy." I laughed. "I assume you have a beautiful dress for me to squeeze my breasts into?"

"You assume correct although we could skip it and just stay in bed all night" he winked.

"No, no I've never been to a 'ball as such' I didn't even get to go to prom so your taking me as your arm candy" I demanded then ran off to the bed room with a giggle of excitement.

In the room was a black garment bag that had my dress in it. I quickly went in for a shower and put the light makeup on that I keep in my purse. I put my hair up in a messy sexy bun then go and put the dress on.

It was abosalutly georgous with the lace and color. I walked out the bedroom door to see London looking over the city from the window.

"So! How do I look?" I almost squealed out in excitement. I watched as he turned around and froze, his eyes clouding in lust.