Chapter Twenty-six

Ryan's POV

The sun was staring to drop as Ryan and I talked among the group. I dropped back needing a breather and walked towards the edge of the huge group of wolves.

"Luna" a few bowed and smiled my way as I walked through, I smiled and waved back until I reached the edge. I found a bench to the side were I can sit and relax for a second.

My ears picked up all sorts of chatter as I leaned back and looked up at the colourful sky. 'I'm So happy alpha has found his mate' 'I wonder if our beta ever will' 'she's soooo pretty I'm sooooo jealous' 'I hope when I find my mate she's as hot at the Luna'

After trying to block the voices out, I gave up. It all became a hum, an annoying hum.

"So Luna how you fitting in" a sickly sweet voiced asked from beside me.

"A little overwhelming but I think I'm ready for bed." Looked over at the girl and smiled.

"Names Amber, if you are smart you should run away. You see.." she sat down on the bench beside me "London is supposed to be my mate"

I kept my cool, I smiled over at her. "But he's not is he?"

She raised her lips in a ugly snarl "because you, you little whore stole him from me!"

"No, your just power hungry. When you find your real mate, you won't care for mine" I calmly told her, I was warned of this from London and he reassured me that he's mine. "We have marked and mated sweetie, we even have a pup on the way."

She looked down at my bump then back up, huffing in anger. She glanced over at the part still in full swing then back at me with a sickly evil smirk.

"It would be a shame if something were to happen to you and your..." she trailed of looking down at my bump again. With no hesitation, she lunged for me across the bench.

Her hand curled around my throat cutting off my air supply. I shrugged under her, trying to protect my bump more then anything while also trying to pry off her hand.

There was a distance growl and more commotion around us then several hands trying to pry the crazy bitch from me. Her nails came out in claws as she sunk them into my neck.

My eyes drifted close as lack of oxygen was taking it affect. All I could think of is my baby okay.

Suddenly the grip around my neck loosened and air came flooding back. My eyes shot open to meet London's worried eyes. His mouth was moving but I couldn't here anything. It was deathly quiet, I couldn't here my own coughs.

London was sitting me up as someone else was passing me a glass of water. I took it in my hands but it slipped, London caught it then held it to my lips.

My eyes met his as I took a sip. My throat was saw and I could feel wetness along my neck. Finally noise return, the growls and words of hate and worry surround me.

Looking around, everyone was crowded around us. A worried Stella and Nora over London shoulder.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" London's words finally reached my ears.

"I... I'm fine now" I breathed leaning closer into his arms. My hand came up to my neck to find out why is was wet. As I pulled the hand back I saw blood.

"It's okay, Stephen is here to look over you" London pulled my hand down so that I don't have to look at the blood, but blood never worried me.

A elder man came and keeled in front of me, a red first aid kit next to him.

"Hey Luna, could I please take a look." He spoke softly concern within his eyes.

"It's okay" London reassured me but I just really didn't want to talk. My throat hurts so much.

I nodded and London leaned back as the doc looked over my neck.

"You will need stitches in fortunately" he frowned. "And while your in let's see how the pups doing"

I nodded my head again, a small smile made it's way on my lips as my hand rested over London's on my bump.

London picked me up and we made our way through the crowd of worried wolves, to the pack house. He carried me all the way to a door that Stephen opened to reveal a small doctors room.

He placed me on the bed and gave me another cup of water. I smiled a thanks then gulped it down. Hoping that would ease the pain. It did slightly.

Doc worked quickly on stitching my neck up, he numbed the area so that all I felt was movement on my neck.

"Alright, let's have a look at the pup" I could see the excitnent within the docs eyes. I turned to London to see equally if not more excitement.

London helped me lay down although I didn't need the help. The doc put the gel on my bump as I let out a loud yarn.

All that's happened after my nap in the car has me really tired, I was tired before the attack now I'm beyond tired.

London tighter his hold on my hand as the doc rolled over the machine and started it up. He used the wand to spread the gel then adjusted it over the bump.

"There they are" he looked over at us then pressed a button, heart beats echoed through the room and we looked over the screen. Not to be a downer but I really wasn't sure what I was looking at.

"They as in multiple?" London squeezed my hand tighter. I was way too tired to pick up on the choice of word doc used.

"Yes, looks like twins" the doc smiled brightly over at us.

"Is it too early to know the genders?" London asked.

"No no..."

"I dont wanna know" I blurted out. They both looked at me like I was crazy. "My mum used to say she was glad she waited until birth to know because she knew that she was having a child but it was a surprise on the day to find the gender."

"Okay sweetheart, that's fine. We can find out on the day" London leaned down and kissed my forehead. My eyes closed and for some reason they wouldn't open again.